“Basic Motel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Warrenton
Kcynia, Poland
“Basic Motel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Property needs updating. My room had a broken security lock and the stopper in the bath tub was also broken and laying on the side of the tub,.

Breakfast needs to be better. Raisins in cereal were like little rocks. Juices had an odd odor and taste.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

1 Thank Linda B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel could not be worse if it tried.

I have stayed at the Baymont Inn and Suites in Denver and had a really exceptional stay. I expected other members of the franchise to uphold the same set of standards. I was blown away by the lack of customer service and the truly uncomfortable accommodations.

We had been driving for 13 hours from Colorado Springs and were ready for a good nights sleep. When we arrived at the hotel the front desk agent informed me that I could have a military discount, but after remembering to charge me for the pet fee she forgot to complete the discount and told me that it could be taken care of upon checkout. Being exhausted, I did not push the issue and went to my room.

Our room was #105 and perhaps management hasn't been in this room lately. It is a handicap accessible room and was supposed to be non-smoking, however it had a terrible smell and an ashtray and matches in the room.

On our Queen sized bed were two very flat, and very small pillows. Being that both my mother a nd I usually sleep with two pillows, I went to the desk to ask for some more. The front desk clerk was able to get me one additional pillow, and mentioned that there were no other pillows in the entire establishment available.

In addition, the bathroom was in absolute disrepair. The hand held shower head was broken, in that the device used to attach it to the wall was snapped off, so it must be held at all times or spray directly at the floor. Poor remodeling left white caulking all over the mirror and sink area, and there were only two towels, and one washcloth provided for two adult guests.

The next morning when I went to check out to get on our way there was a new front desk clerk. After informing her that my military discount was forgotten upon check in she told me that there was nothing that she could do, but I could wait 30 minutes for her manager to arrive for the day and he "might" be able to fix it.

Given that we were continuing our travel to New York I did not want to waste the 30 minutes waiting for their manager to arrive.

Incredibly disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Don't choose #105, the lights from the parking lot shine directly in.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank willi38

Travellers are raving about these Warrenton hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed in a King Suite for one night in May 2014. The room was big, with high ceilings, and a hot tub. Unfortunately, not much worked. Several lights were burned out. The microwave knobs were broken, so it ran every time the door was closed. The sink did not drain. The timer switch for the hot tub was broken, so it wouldn’t turn on. There was no linen for the sleeper sofa, which had a dirty sock in it when we pulled it out. The daytime managers seemed nice, but this place is in disrepair.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Needed to stop for the night following a tough day of driving. This motel was in a quiet area, near a Denny's. The front desk staff was helpful and the room was clean. The room smelled just fine, but the hallway had a strong weird smell. The bed was comfortable and newer, with LOTS of good pillows. Breakfast had cold choices, cereals, Danish, muffins, fruit, and bagels. Wi-Fi connected easily and the TV had a bunch of channels. I might not stay there again because of that smell though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
Holiday Inn Express Warrenton
Days Inn New Florence
Days Inn New Florence
#2 of 3 in New Florence
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Louis West/Wentzville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton? Share your experiences!