“TOP NOTCH!!!”

Parkfield Inn Warsaw
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This property is immaculate--from the room to the pool to the breakfast area. The breakfast is supposed to be "continental." Far from it--biscuits and gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, etc. I would recommend Parkfield Inn Warsaw without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cynthia c

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Place was clean and well kept, staff was not friendly at all and not helpful, they need some lessons on taking care of the customer & how to talk to the customer. We found a tick in our bed which is not a big deal, but showed the girl at the desk, her comment to us was you probably brought it in with you when you came. I'm assuming because my partner & I came in on a Harley she thinks we are not clean. My partner & I are 71 & retired and very clean, we had already traveled over 3600 miles this trip & stayed at many motels & never were we talked to like that. Would I stay there again no, would I recommend it no. I don't like people looking down their nose at us and that is how we were made to feel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Freda T
FNDWarsaw_Missouri_, Manager at Parkfield Inn Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

If the guest had presented the tick to us upon their arrival or that evening we would've had the chance to work with them. Such as moving them to a new room. Our rooms do get sprayed once a month every month. Warsaw, as well as, our location are in a wooded area. Our clerk didn't mean to offend the guest. We do apologize for any misunderstanding.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

As we arrived I was extremely excited to stay here as it was close to where my husband was fishing and had a great pool for the kids. On our second day even though we had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door as we had been fishing all night the housekeeping staff knocked on our door.
I headed to the door to discover at least 4 housekeeping staff standing outside the door accusing us of smoking. I was completely shocked and told them that we were not and they were welcome to come in and check. Overall they were extremely rude and when I asked to speak to management there were even worse.
All we wanted to do was sleep as we had been fishing all night and I found this type of rude treatment unacceptable. We travel a lot and have never been treated this poorly, which is sad as I was really looking forward to staying here!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 194Misty

Yes, we did knock on their door. Multiple staff members smelled cigarette smoke on that end of our NON-SMOKING hallway. We began checking rooms. The rooms across the hall and next to theirs were vacant. That is when we went to their room. Anytime we have suspicion or complaints of this nature we address them. When I spoke with her she was upset that she was approached like that so I offered to refund her for the nights not spent yet and she declined and stayed with us.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Our Family loves this Hotel. Compared to other choices in the area, its relatively new; Its clean and Its comfortable! We stay here multiple times during the summer while Boating at Truman Lake. The Indoor Pool is great to have if a Boating weekend is spoiled by rain, not to mention the Truman Lake visitor center and Multiple Antique stores and shops are just a 2 min drive away.

The Staff is Friendly but not Overbearing. The Hot Breakfast is good and Saves us from spending another $25-$35 each morning. I use this to justify the Expense of a Loft, which has a King and Pull out on the main floor and two Queen Beds upstairs. How great is it for the Kids to have their own space? I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ESkinny33
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Let me start by stating the hotel itself is well maintained and in very good condition. We have stayed here in years past and it appears they do a good job of cleaning and upkeep, painting etc....

That's where my positive comments end.

We had a family funeral and rented about 10 rooms over 2 nights, thus bringing in a significant amount of business. The staff was very unacomidating, unfriendly and generally not around. Also, the cleaning staff was insufficient. We left for the funeral before 11am and all housekeepers were done for the day therefore a significant amounts of our rooms were not cleaned. When asked about when they would be cleaned, the front desk stated they would not and were unwilling to bring us any towels,toilet paper, etc.

The management staff was unwilling to accommodate our requests around setting up for lunch after the funeral and were unfriendly.

Overall, we would not return nor recommend. It's really too bad, the hotel is in good shape for a small town and the pool is fun, and rooms are sufficient and clean (when someone had the time to clean them that is)...but the customer service at this location is horrendous, unexpected, and completely lacking.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fishyfishy111
FNDWarsaw_Missouri_, Manager at Parkfield Inn Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

In reply to the statements made above, I'll start by saying, our housekeeping staff is not to enter a room if a "Do Not Disturb" sign remains on the door. After they finish cleaning all of their other rooms they are to go back through and see if any of the "Do Not Disturb" signs have been removed. If they have then they clean that room. Over half of these rooms displayed a "Do Not Disturb" sign. The other half didn't want any service, just wanted their towels switched out and trash taken out. We can't afford to keep housekeeping staff on duty 24 hrs. a day.
Also the front desk clerks are not supposed to leave the desk to take towels or other things to guests. They are always willing to switch out or give them anything they need. There is a clerk on duty 24 hours a day.
For their lunch they had rented our meeting room which accommodates 25-30 people, which they were told when they looked at and reserved the room. The amount of people they had was more than that. They filled the meeting room and we also let them use our breakfast dining area to help accommodate.
We do strive to keep our customers happy and anytime issues like this arise we like to address them.
Warsaw Parkfield Inn Staff

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Arrived for a family HS graduation of niece at the local HS. Parkfield is top notch. Fairly new, indoor pool/hot tub, great hotel breakfast, quiet, and clean. The most outstanding feature or attribute was the staff. The most accommodating of any small town hotel I have ever experienced. The Manager, Felecla Davis, seemed to be everywhere at all times of the day. She is a "Hands On" Manager that takes great pride in her work. We stayed the whole weekend and can say for sure that she is the reason the facility is what it is today--GREAT. Warsaw is a great watersport, fishing, vacation spot, and we will return.

Room Tip: Talking to other Travelers, there are no bad rooms. Fishermen did comment on the large parking lot...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Parkfield Inn in Warsaw Missouri is what every hotel should strive to be. Seventy bucks a night including breakfast is hard to beat. Big beautiful king bed , nice vanity area and very clean all around. I slept like a baby. No external noise from the road at all. Desk people were very friendly and accommodating. Even the filtered water was good.

Room Tip: Some rooms are better for wifi. Just ask at the front desk
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warsaw
Parkfield Inn
#2 of 6 in Warsaw
Grand River Resort
Grand River Resort
#1 of 3 in Warsaw

Been to Parkfield Inn Warsaw? Share your experiences!