“Very Nice Inexpensive Motel”

Parkfield Inn Warsaw
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warsaw
Murphysboro, Illinois
“Very Nice Inexpensive Motel”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I recently spent two nights at the Parkfield Inn in Warsaw. My room was clean and well-maintained. The check-in and check-out was smooth and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I have a disability and the accessible room was very nice--large, roll-in shower with drop-down seat and well-positioned hand-held shower head. A nice hot breakfast, with sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and pancakes. The breakfast also offered pastries, cereal, and a selection of coffees and juices. The price was $75 per night, which was very reasonable given the amenities. A nice, comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank RJR618

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
rushville, il
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I would never stay anywhere else in warsaw, mo. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the breakfast was tasty. We had several questions for the staff and they were most happy to help us out. All-in-all a great place to stay, especially for the money. Recommend highly!

Room Tip: Book early!
2 Thank barbie46
PECULIAR
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at the Parkfield Inn in Warsaw on our way home from vacation. After checking in we took our jet ski's to the lake, which was close to the hotel. There was plenty of room to park our jet ski's for the night. The breakfast the nest morning was really good and the pool was nice and warm. I could not hear an of the other guest which made for a very good nights sleep usually when staying at a hotel I usually hear other guest at night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ANGELA F
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This hotel is very clean and provided a great night's rest. The accomodations are great. The breakfast is well above average. The beds are comfortable. The rooms were quiet. The pool is very nice. It's clean, comfortable, quiet with a pool and great food. What more could you ask for? We had no issues with the staff. They were very friendly. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank brian8841
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This property is immaculate--from the room to the pool to the breakfast area. The breakfast is supposed to be "continental." Far from it--biscuits and gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, etc. I would recommend Parkfield Inn Warsaw without hesitation.

1 Thank cynthia c
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Place was clean and well kept, staff was not friendly at all and not helpful, they need some lessons on taking care of the customer & how to talk to the customer. We found a tick in our bed which is not a big deal, but showed the girl at the desk, her comment to us was you probably brought it in with you when you came. I'm assuming because my partner & I came in on a Harley she thinks we are not clean. My partner & I are 71 & retired and very clean, we had already traveled over 3600 miles this trip & stayed at many motels & never were we talked to like that. Would I stay there again no, would I recommend it no. I don't like people looking down their nose at us and that is how we were made to feel.

1 Thank Freda T
FNDWarsaw_Missouri_, Manager at Parkfield Inn Warsaw, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
If the guest had presented the tick to us upon their arrival or that evening we would've had the chance to work with them. Such as moving them to a new room. Our rooms do get sprayed once a month every month. Warsaw, as well as, our location are in a wooded area. Our clerk didn't mean to offend the guest. We do apologize for any misunderstanding.
Half way, Mo
Reviewed 6 July 2013

As we arrived I was extremely excited to stay here as it was close to where my husband was fishing and had a great pool for the kids. On our second day even though we had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door as we had been fishing all night the housekeeping staff knocked on our door.
I headed to the door to discover at least 4 housekeeping staff standing outside the door accusing us of smoking. I was completely shocked and told them that we were not and they were welcome to come in and check. Overall they were extremely rude and when I asked to speak to management there were even worse.
All we wanted to do was sleep as we had been fishing all night and I found this type of rude treatment unacceptable. We travel a lot and have never been treated this poorly, which is sad as I was really looking forward to staying here!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 194Misty
Yes, we did knock on their door. Multiple staff members smelled cigarette smoke on that end of our NON-SMOKING hallway. We began checking rooms. The rooms across the hall and next to theirs were vacant. That is when we went to their room. Anytime we have suspicion or complaints of this nature we address them. When I spoke with her she was upset that she was approached like that so I offered to refund her for the nights not spent yet and she declined and stayed with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warsaw
Parkfield Inn
#3 of 3 in Warsaw
Sunflower Resort
Sunflower Resort
#2 of 2 in Wheatland

Been to Parkfield Inn Warsaw? Share your experiences!