“Very good Motel 6 on the Northwest edge of Greater Saint Louis”
Review of Ramada Wentzville

Ramada Wentzville
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Wentzville
Texarkana, Texas
“Very good Motel 6 on the Northwest edge of Greater Saint Louis”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Motel 6 offers good value compared to other motel chains, but the quality of the motel itself varies from city to city. The one in Wentzville is one of the better locations. It is pretty evident that this motel was not built originally as a Motel 6, since the design is so different from the others. It is more modern and spacious, than most. It's right on I-70, about 40 miles from downtown Saint Louis. This might not be the best location for those who want to be closer to sites in Saint Louis, but as I was heading west in the morning, it suited my purpose since I was able to get back on I-70 easily without dealing with a lot of morning rush hour traffic. The western terminus of Interstate 64, which begins in Virginia Beach, VA and ends in Wentzville, MO, where it merges with I-70, is just a mile west of Motel 6. To reach the motel you need to go to exit 212, which is about 3 miles east of the main part of Wentzville, where all the stores and restaurants are located. The one thing that was a bit disappointing was that I arrived at the motel right at sunset, and I was planning to pick up something to eat at a fast food restaurant at exit 212 and I discovered there is no fast food restaurant there, just a gas station. I was too tired to drive any distance to get something to eat, and did not want to drive after dark, so I made do with a sandwich at the gas station. However the next morning, I drove west on I-70 to the exit after I-64 and US 61 in Wentzville, which was Wentzville Parkway, as I recall, and there were plenty of stores and restaurants there to choose from , and I had a good breakfast. I felt that the Motel 6 location in Wentzville offered good value, and provided a good night's sleep for the weary traveler. Also it was in a decent neighborhood. There are many areas in Greater Saint Louis that are not so safe to stay in, but Wentzville is a very decent suburb in Saint Charles County.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

The room felt gross as we walked in it There was no cups for water, no ice bucket for ice, no ice machine for that matter, and no breakfast! The only thing this motel has going for it is it's free wifi, otherwise I would stay away! You get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2012

Travellers are raving about these Wentzville hotels

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Arrived at Motel 6 Wentzville on July 3 2012. The rude indian lady at the desk was rude and wanted to give me a large suite and i was staying one night. I told her no and she slapped down a room card and said Room 434. When i went into my room there was a roach on the Magnavox Box TV set. I told the clerk and she asked for my $79. I told her no and she told me to leave and stay in Troy where there are a couple motels. Never staying at Motel 6 or Accor Hotels ever again. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank HannyMotel
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here before. The rooms are very clean and beds comfortable. Everything in the room worked as expected. It is a motel 6 and you get a solid value for your money. Lots of people enjoying the pool. The common areas of place could use some upgrading but were clean. The restaurant was not open and no close by breakfast food.

• Stayed June 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Listen, I know this is a Motel 6: I generally expect them to leave the light on and little else. In short, expectations have to be tempered against the (generally low) price you pay. This said, even with my low expectations, I was appalled by this place. Having previously had many perfectly adequate Motel 6 experiences, my wife and I thought we could get a decent night's sleep after a long day on the road. We rolled in around midnight -- dodging the weird folks hanging around the entrance -- and booked a room. The $65 bill raised an eyebrow, but I was tired and simply wanted to get to sleep. Much like a previous reviewer noted, the stench of the elevator was only surpassed by the malodorous fumes of the 3rd floor hallway. It's like they hired one of the resident meth-heads to pee in the hallway in order to cover up the stale smoke. Unfortunately, the result is a stench comprised of a mixture of smoke and god knows what else. We were surprised that our "non-smoking" room smelled like...wait for it...smoke. I thought, "well, maybe the sheets will at least be clean." Not the case, every time I moved, the stench of smoke and excrement wafted into my nostrils, enraging me with every breath. $65 dollars for this!!!! Oh, the parking lot on the side of the building is hardly lit and miscreants are out in full force: leave nothing in your ride. Dreams come to this place to die - STAY AWAY.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Matty J
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Ashley said all that is needed except I would like to add it's sad to see the condition of our motels since the recession hit. It used to be that when motels got to a certain state of disrepair they would remodel with at least new carpet. Our motels in general are gross but Motel 6 especially is bad. The only thing you might want to make sure of is if the particular Motel 6 you are stopping at is updated to their new laminate floor units. Otherwise I would stay away!

Room Tip: Stay Away!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Mound, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My Dad and I checked in to the motel on April 28, 2012. The lobby was nice, but DO NOT let if fool you. As soon as we got off the elevator on the third floor, the smell in the hall was very appalling. We got to our room, and figured that we couldn't really expect much since it was cheap, but after a minute of being in the room, we noticed ants crawling on one of the beds. Went back downstairs to tell the receptionist, and she let us switch rooms. Although after a thorough inspection there weren't any ants or other bugs, the room was filthy. The carpet was stained, the room had a musty smell, the bathroom counter looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years with dust and hair all over it, the sheets had nasty stains on them, and there was hair in the shower still. After a little bit of research online, bedbugregistry.com also showed that there were bed bug reports for the hotel. We decided we are no longer staying at any Motel 6 hotels while traveling.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wentzville
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Louis West/Wentzville
#1 of 1 in Foristell
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in O'Fallon

Been to Ramada Wentzville? Share your experiences!