“Great local Mex”

El Charro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 64 Restaurants in West Plains
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Always enjoy local Mex, hot, tasty fast, cannot go wrong when you want Mexican served in the Ozarks

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Well-liked by the locals and ran by those of Mexican heritage, this place is a good deal ~ meals for $6.99 and the chips are freshly made. There are two in town now and I highly suggest the new one near Colton's Steakhouse. Good bar, good choices, nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

This is your typical Mexican restaurant. Love the chips and salsa, but it's the second bowl of chips that are warm when brought out. Much better! I have noticed the Quasidias don't have as much meat in them as they use to have. I realize steak is expensive for them and they are just trying to keep their prices down for folks. Their food is always good though.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

We passed El Charro on the way to our hotel and decided to come back for dinner. I wanted a good margarita and Mexican meal. (should not have came here) My son had a taco with rice. Rice had absolutely no taste and the soft taco was so greasy there was grease all over his hands. I had a chicken tostada with rice and beans. Rice was awful, eat the beans quick because they seemed to harden before I could eat them. Margarita was no good. I usually have two margaritas but not here! My husband did have good pork nachos. I would recommend those. Out of the 5 of us, this was the best.

Our server only checked on us once and all our drinks were empty. Salsa was very bland too.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

We were very pleased with our visit here. The food was very good, the servers were very attentive, and the prices were right on.