“Would not stay here again”

Ridge Crest Plaza Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in West Plains
Reviewed 9 September 2012

When we first arrived at the motel we waited in the lobby for 15 minutes for someone to check us in and finally had to call the motel phone number to get someone to come and check us in. We stayed for 3 days and had 2 rooms. Both rooms only had 1 light bulb above the sink area so very poor lighting, one stool was very so flushing almost running over twice,the maid service came in and made beds but did not change the sheets and the last night our air conditioner quit. We where offered another room but who wants to move everything at 9:00 at night so we asked for a fan and was told we would have to come up to the office to get it. We had non smoking rooms but the bedspreads smelled like smoke and some young copules staying inside by the pool area where always out by our rooms smoking so smoke was pulled into rooms through air conditioners.
There was only 1 ice machine and 1 pop machine working for the entire place so thank God that there were very few people staying there.

Would not recommend staying here until more help is hired and management steps up the service and gets better maid service that you can depend on.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 July 2012

TV picture full of static, hair in tub, toilet leaked water on bathroom floor, worn out bed, and I tried to convince myself that the stain on the recliner was from someone's drink.

Oh yeah, they have monthly renters. The ones on my side of the hotel had a block party until 2:30 am.

Positive things: sheets and towels seemed clean and the pastries and coffee at the continental breakfast were pretty good.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2012

While passing through West Plains on a trip to Kansas City we were involved in a car accident and this is the hotel that Hertz put us in for 3 days. The staff was VERY friendly and hospitable through our ordeal. While this motel is older, and could probably use some decor updating, the pool area is wonderful and very well maintained. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff were quick to make sure we had enough fresh towels, etc. There is free wifi, a decent breakfast, and an EXCELLENT price. Our double was only $45 a night so we were quite happy during our stay here.

Room Tip: We had a double adjascent to the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 816beachgirl251
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My husband and I had a terrible experience with room 214 and the hotel staff person who checked us in! The man who checked us into our hotel seemed irritated that we disturbed him and refused to explain some paper he wanted me to sign. The room was extremely hot when we first entered. The air conditioner set on high only cooled the area directly in front of it, everywhere else in the room remained extremely hot. The cold water knob for the sink did not work. The bathtub had green grime surrounding the drain. One of the lamp lights on the wall had an electrical problem as it would not turn on even with a light bulb in it. One of the two chairs had a large dark stain on the cushion. The walls had stains and wall paper peeling off. The pillows were squished up and thrown on the head of the bed in an unprofessional manner. The only good part about staying here was the Saturday morning breakfast. The check out person was nice, but she didn't seem familiar with how to check people out. We will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Checked in and air didnt work. Was moved to another room, non smoking. Walked in room reaked of smoke, so i went to the front desk to tell the attendant and she handed me a can of air freshener. (REALLY). Asked to be moved to a real non smoking room. The air worked no smoke smell but a bit mildew smell. Imediately killed two spiders the toilet was dirty (in and out), the vanity faucet was barely attached and the floor was and probably hasnt been vacuumed in months. Never again. Do yourself a favor pay more for a big chain and get less. Less mess. UGH!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank cdot73
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

I felt like hell and pulled in to be greeted by this discusting circus Freak that was totally offended by asking for extra towels because we had 5 in our group.. I actually ha to sign out the towels. There was a guest in his boxers in the main lobby having a beer with the counter guy (the freak) I would have left then but honestly couldn't drive anymore and it was 3 am and I thought I just wanted to sleep,! We got to the room, via the staorcase with petrified vomit and I cannot even begin to tell you how discusting it was. The beds were not even on the rails properly there was trash flowing out of the toilet trash used soap in the shower and mildew all over the curtain. I had to throw my blanket over the bed and lay down on it! It was NASTY.. The air did not work and I called to ask for a clean functioning room and the guy told me take it or leave it... I told myself just lay down get enough sleep to dive my kids the next 13 hours till we made it to Florida, but before it was all over we left and hit the road needing a shower, a shot of pennocillen,tired,discusted and outraged, seriously that place is a trap for tired travelers on a buget and what the offer should be illegal, if your desperate ask to see the room before you pay but beware this place is beyond the worst roach infested cheap motel you could imagine!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Haileyrae2
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Run down but not trashy or scary. Clean room. Pool closed. Rude, subhuman staff. Decent value at $40/night considering I had the entire place to myself.

• Stayed: May 2012