“Owner needs to retire.”

Willow Winds Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wheatland
Willow Winds Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wheatland
Reviewed 22 April 2011

This is a nice resort, but it is not worth putting up with the manager.
She is rude and not a people person.
We were told that when family visited they could use the pool , but she was very hatefuly with us, even thou we payed for every day guest as the office sign stated. When asked to speak to the owner, she would not let us know how to contact him. She order my grandchildren out of the pool ,even thou we where the only guest staying all week. They are older people like myself, and do not have what it takes to run a resort as nice as this.

Room Tip: Go to a different lodge.
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lschremp2578

Reviewed 11 October 2004

I had scheduled a weekend stay a month ahead of time at this resort. I got a confirmation via e-mail and by regular mail stating the price. In my e-mail, I specifically requested a room that had at least one separate bedroom from the kitchen/sitting part so my kids could go to bed and not be disturbed by tv, etc. When I got to the office on our day of arrival (3 1/2 hours drive from our home) I was told by a woman in her 70's that the reservation that I had presented her had the wrong price. She produced a carbon copy of my reservation on which the price I was told was crossed out and a price $15 higher was written. She stated that she did not make the reservation so she did not know what to tell me. I reluctantly paid, got the key to my room and went out. When I opened the door to the room I saw 2 beds, a small kitchen and tv in the same room with a bath. Since this was not what I asked for I went back to the office where she told me that was what I had asked for (it wasn't). She told me if I paid another $46 I could get another bedroom but to tell my kids do not jump on the beds. I wrote another check and just as I was about to open the door to the room the woman came out of the office and told me that actually it would be another $92, not $46. I paid that, getting my $46 check back and went to my room. My husband and I decided all this was not worth the $200+ we were paying for 2 nights since we knew other resorts in the area were much cheaper. Before unpacking or anything, we got our checks back from a very annoyed woman who told me I should have called first to make sure what I was getting.
I had made reservations and asked questions online because that is what the website said to do.
Make sure you call to make sure exactly what you are getting before going here, and only if you have to, there are other cheaper resorts in the area, I recommend Indian Hill Resort.

• Stayed: October 2004
11  Thank despedina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheatland
Parkfield Inn Warsaw
1 mi away
Sunflower Resort
Sunflower Resort
#2 of 2 in Wheatland

Been to Willow Winds Resort? Share your experiences!