Holiday Inn St. Louis Airport
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsparlor suiteairport shuttleearly morning shuttleshowing its ageleave your carwake up callbusiness centerthe check in processnice roomconvenient locationstlouiskeurig
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I needed a room by the airport for an early flight out of Lambert Airport. Found this on Priceline for $68 plus taxes. Very good value, check-in was quick and easy. Room was nice, very pleased that there was no odors as we opened the door. Big plus for me. Walked across the street for sandwiches at Subway. No problem with safety. The best part of the hotel are the very friendly and helpful shuttle drivers, both were so nice and caring, could tell that they really enjoyed their job and getting tourists to and from airport safely. Wake up call was at 3:30am, right on time and off on vacation we went!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Flip_Floppin_Mom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I kind of knew what to expect going into this place. It's just a hotel by the airport. It was clean and everything in our room was just your typical standard stuff. It was slightly dated from the outside but once inside it was just fine. However, it is of course in a bad area with very little restaurant options so that part did suck. The hotel restaurant was alright but probably only worth eating at once. I would stay here again though. But you have to know what to expect going into it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I checked in for a weekend so I could get some writing done. The first thing I noticed after an unremarkable check-in process was that the elevator was incredibly slow, smelled of grease, and looked like it had seen much better days in the past.

I had reserved a suite, and the description of the suite said "with fireplace." Well, it was something that LOOKED like a fireplace, anyway. It was a cutaway section of the wall that contained a fake log (plastic...not even ceramic) with a plug-in cord coming out of it. When activated, a light bulb came on and made the plastic log "glow", and it sort of made a "crackling" sound. I am not certain this qualifies to be advertised as a "fireplace" in the room description. Generally, a fireplace means something that actually generates heat. I've seen gas fireplaces, electric fireplaces, and real fireplaces in hotel rooms, but nothing as cheesy and chintzy as what I saw at this property.

The TV was a flat screen which seemed inordinately small relative to the size of the room. There was no HDMI port on the TV so I was unable to hook my own device up to the TV.

The printer in the Business Center was out of order, according to a sign taped to it.

Although the restaurant was located in the basement of the hotel, the breakfast was tasty. The food that was prepared and served was the one bright spot in an otherwise less-than-stellar experience. The servers need to learn to have their discussion on the choices and tipping habits of their guests out of the earshot of their guests.

All-in-all, for the money spent, I was unimpressed, and will not be returning to this property again. If Priority Club is important, there's a Crowne Plaza not far away on Lindbergh. If you don't care about Priority Club, the Hilton or the Renaissance are both much better properties for about the same amount of money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Scott D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear Scott D,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I apologize you were not fully satisfied with your accommodations and with the service you received at the restaurant during your stay. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Best thing about this hotel is that it is close to the airport. Unfortunately, there are 4-5 hotels that are closer and every one is nicer. This place is, honestly, a dump. And that's being generous. Room smells of smoke. Closet door FELL OFF the first time I used it. Can hear absolutely everything that happens in the hallway...every door slam, every person walking by, even the guy who decides its a good idea to carry on a 30 minute phone conversation in the hallway at 11:00 at night.

I don't write many bad reviews (check my other reviews) but this one is well deserved. Avoid this place if at all possible.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank husker7028
Denise H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused you and for falling short of your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I stayed here a few days ago and the hotel is very comfortable but it is an older hotel. It looks like it has but remodeled in the past couple years. The room has older style AC. I had a queen bed with couch and fridge.

The internet was fair but not blazing. The beds were very comfy and I slept great.

The only issue I really had is that the parking was very isolated. On one side of the hotel you have to come thru fron which is a long way if you have to park in the rear. The other side has plenty of parking but the door is not operated with your door key you have to pick up a phone ane wait for someone to let you in. In winter or rain you could be cold or wet.

They do have a restaurant downstairs I didn't eat there but I think beer was about $5/bottle for Coors Light plus the tax

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business