Paul Ranch Montana LLC
US$141
Bayshore Inn Resort & Spa(Waterton Lakes National Park)
US$131
Waterton Lakes Lodge Resort(Waterton Lakes National Park)
US$144
US$139
  • Pool
Prince of Wales Hotel(Waterton Lakes National Park)
US$187
US$180
  • Restaurant
Aspen Village(Waterton Lakes National Park)
US$107
US$98
Waterton Glacier Suites(Waterton Lakes National Park)(Great Value!)
US$148
Northland Lodge(Waterton Lakes National Park)
US$168
US$163
US$189
US$143
All reviewswagon wheelglacier arealogan passhiking trailsmany glaciersspent nightsmeadowlarkwildflowerselkwatertowngnpbearswildliferanchparkpropertymontana
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our family stayed in the Meadowlark Meadows house while visiting Glacier Nat'l Park. The house is extremely clean, quite spacious & has pretty much anything you might need - even bear spray for hikes (& a lesson in how to use it). The beds were very comfortable as were the couches in the living room. There is plenty of land between the houses so you don't even know if the others are occupied or not. Janice & Colin treat you like longtime friends & will do whatever they can to make sure you enjoy your stay. Janice made a point of letting us know of any larger wildlife on the property to be aware of or to view. As busy as she is, she remembered our 2 sons were runners & was concerned they might have been on a run when she came & told us a bear was on the neighbor's property. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank vacaplnr
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I loved my stay the first week of August at Paul Ranch, located four miles north of Babb. The one-room bunk house served as my base for six days of serious hiking in Glacier NP. The location was perfect, providing quick access to both the Many Glacier and Rising Sun trail heads, while at the same time being removed from park activity in the late afternoons and evenings. I cannot tell you how comforting it was after long hikes to settle down on the front porch with a take home dinner, enjoying the quietness of evening and the glory of nature. I was treated to alpacas, a lama, hummingbirds, magpies, dogs, a cat, elk, deer, bears (at a safe distance), and range horses and cattle, as well as views of pastures and hill sides extending to the horizon. As Paul Ranch makes clear, the bunk house has electricity and WiFi but no indoor plumbing, so I got into the routine of showering and doing laundry after hikes at either Swiftcurrent Motor Inn (at Many Glacier) or Johnson's Campground (in St. Mary). For me, the ruggedness of the bunkhouse fit perfectly with what I was doing at Glacier, and I thought the price was right. Finally, many thanks go to Janice and Colin, my wonderful hosts at Paul Ranch.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank jcarter_hiking
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We just returned from a 2-week road trip across the US. We stayed 2 nights at Elk Willows, and everyone in our party agreed it was one of the highlights of the trip. The pictures just do not even do the place justice. The sunrise and sunset views were spectacular. The silence there was wonderful. Our 10-year-old daughter had the best time simply playing outside with the neighborhood friendly dogs and the ranch's alpacas. She now wants to move to Montana. :)
The lodge was so very clean and comfortable. Our family of 3 was traveling with my parents. There was plenty of room for everyone to spread out. Our only regret was that we didn't book it for longer. I would love to sit on the front porch and just watch the endless views for several days.
Glacier National Park is a simple, short drive away as is the Canadian part of the park in Waterton. The border crossing was not crowded and was easy and quick. We found the east side of Glacier nicer and more picturesque than the west side. We saw lots of bears while in and around the park. We saw elk at sunrise on the ranch. Janice was so helpful and nice. She supplied us with bear spray and told us how to use it. :) She also cleaned daily and brought us some delicious homemade caramels! She makes you feel like you've known her for ages. I had to resist the urge to hug her goodbye after just 2 days! If you want solitude and beautiful views, book Elk Willows. We loved it and hope to visit again someday.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SkyblueTN
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Loved our stay here - I ditto the many great reviews - my friend and I stayed in the bunkhouse for 5 nights and really enjoyed our stay. Great view from the porch to the eastern plains - had friendly dogs and cats visiting as well as the local alpacas/llamas. The hosts Janice and Colin made you feel like family ! We did not want to leave. The bunkhouse does not have running water in it (does have other amenities like refrigerator and microwave though) and you use a very clean porta-potty outdoors - we just used showers at the many campgrounds in and out of Glacier Park on our way home from hiking. It worked very well for us. I will definitely stay here again !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bsteps
Reviewed 13 August 2013

A gem of an accommodation on the east side of Glacier! We stayed in the Chaps and Spurs bunkhouse for three nights––very simple, but very enjoyable. The bunkhouse has electricity but no running water thus necessitating trips to a very clean nearby port-a-potty, but we didn't mind at all. Our nights were spent sitting on the porch, watching the local ranchers herd cattle and horses across the fields and the ranch's resident alpacas graze outside our front door. The views to the nearby Many Glacier area were gorgeous at dusk. Best of all were our hosts, Janice and Colin who were easily some of the nicest folks we met in Montana. Can't say enough good things about this place!

Room Tip: At $55 a night, the Chaps and Spurs bunkhouse is a deal and a half if you don't mind not having running water and showering at the campgrounds in the park (which is no big deal since that's where you're likely to finish a sweaty day of hiking anyway).
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple