“Delightful, delicicious”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Chester, United Kingdom
“Delightful, delicicious”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Had a really super Sunday lunch here yesterday. Only 20minutes from Chester or Nantwich. The new owners are carrying on a good tradition and business here and really deserve to do so well. Modern, elegantly understated with excellent service and delicious food at a good price. Go visit - you will enjoy.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Sally5620

Liverpool
“Don't hesitate to visit.”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I frequently visited Mitchell's for sunday lunch before ownership changed. The new owner has been an excellent job putting new life into this restaurant. The appearance of the restaurant has improved both inside and out and the new owner has kept up the tradition of the previous owner by being warm, friendly and available. Our sunday lunch was excellent value for money and the best I've had in a long time. We had a mixed platter to start and delicious and plentiful lamb. Unfortunately, we had no room for desserts, just coffeee. A very enjoyable visit that makes me wonder why diners crowd into pubs for inferior meals at the same cost, when you can dine at Mitchells and enjoy a much better dining experience and value.

• Visited March 2014
Rhos-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“OUT OF THIS WORLD FOOD”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We visited Mitchell's of Tattenhall for Valentine's Day and had the most amazing experience. This was my first visit but my partner had been here a few times before and said the food is always first class,.....well, he wasn't wrong!!! The restaurant has a lovely homely and relaxing ambience about it. The customer service was of the highest standard with very professional staff especially the owner, Richard, who takes the time to chat to you especially when we explained how impressed we were with their 'perfectly cooked and tasty veg'. I chose their vegetarian options for the starter and main and had panna cotta for the first time for dessert, and thought the food was to die for - we were utterly impressed. It was our first Valentine's evening together and it was made even more memorable by this visit to Mitchell's.

• Visited February 2014
Cheshire
“Faultless.”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit since it has changed hands. We went for Sunday lunch with friends. The new owner, Rich, was there to greet us and made us feel welcome straight away. He chatted to us whilst getting our drinks then took us to our table. I like the way it has been done out. The whole eating area looks warm and welcoming. I ordered vegetable soup to start. This was packed with loads of tasty fresh vegetables and was the best vegetable soup I've ever had. Next I had the roast pork dinner which was absolutely delicious. To finish I had apple and cinnamon sponge with custard- excellent. I chose a very good Sauvignon to drink with my meal. To sum up, the whole experience was faultless. Outstanding service, very friendly staff, delicious food(one of the best meals I've ever had) and lovely ambience. Will definitely be going back.

Visited February 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal and service”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We have taken guests to Sunday Lunch on a number of occasions and can always rely on an excellent meal. The chef is highly experienced and serves tasty meals with flair. The welcome and attentive service is second to none. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2014