“Calling all vegetarians”
Review of The Crown Inn Weybread - CLOSED

The Crown Inn Weybread
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fish and Chips, Mushy Peas and Tartar Sauce £8 During January 2 Course Winter Warmer £11 FREE Desserts with A la Carte Lunchtimes from Monday to Saturday groups of 10 or more only
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Calling all vegetarians”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

After recently re opening purely as a fish and game restaurant i am SO pleased to see that vegetarians are now being catered for to. On my visit this week i decided to try one of the vegetarian burgers from the menu, i had a choice of sweet potato or mexican bean which came with a choice of delicious relishes, i choose a sweet potato burger with an avocado relish. I have been a vegetarian for 34 years and i can honestly say it was the best burger i have ever tasted, totally delicious and packed full of flavour and despite my best efforts i only managed to eat half and asked to take the rest home. Whilst sitting at the bar chatting to the owners i ate the the rest as it was so delicious i just couldnt resist it. After years of suffering the standard vegetarian lasagne it was so refreshing to be offered something so delicious and different. So if your planning a visit i cant recommend it enough, i just hope they dont become too popular as there wont be any left for me!.

• Visited March 2014
Venky H, Owner at The Crown Inn Weybread, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you, we do encourage vegetarians and other special food requirements to call in advance.

Harleston, United Kingdom
“Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My family and I went to the Crown for Sunday lunch, and what a lunch! I had the most perfectly cooked beef with lots of gorgeous veg including leeks in cheese sauce that was mouth watering. A lovely rich chocolate pudding to follow, we will be returning without doubt.

Visited March 2014
“Good food, good hosts !”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

A great Friday evening was had, starting with really good seafood, followed up with a long session of drink and interesting conversation. Thanks Venky and Martin, won't be long before I return for more. Can't wait to try more dishes.....

Visited March 2014
Diss Norfolk
“Our return trip”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I wrote a mediocre review on The Crown Inn back in January after visiting for the first time soon after it reopened in December 2013. I said I would revisit and today I did. This time for Sunday roast dinner . The bar area has changed since we last visited - most of the tables now set with white cloths, silver cutlery and shiny glasses - it looked much nicer and clearly indicated that this was a place to come to eat - and eat we did. The roast dinner was superb - as good as any home cooked roast -( but nicer because I hadn't done the cooking!) the portions are large and the fresh (and real ) selection of vegetables was great. The roast ( and we had choice of four meats) came with all the trimmings.Pudding ( a rare treat!) was wonderful - one of the nicest deserts I have ever had ( Brulee) The price - £11.95 for two courses was good value as the food really was lovely and we ate it all.
The restaurant /pub had more of a buzz about it as it was busier than when we last visited and the staff were very pleasant and attentive of our needs.
I am looking forward to my next visit already and am pleased I went back for this second time .

Harleston, United Kingdom
“excellent value for money”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Super evening. Thoughtful hostess. Meal was absolutely brilliant. Couldn't fault it.

Will go again and recommend others.

1 Thank sarah M