“Open Christmas night”

Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Belgrade
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Montana Steakhouse and Gathering Place. In service to Belgrade and the Gallatin Valley since 1904.
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had arrived in town from our flight from CA. to Bozeman and were hungry. Knowing full well our choices would be slim on this the night of Christmas Day. On our way home from the airport we noticed that The MINT was open for business and had several people inside dining. We called to find out the hours of operation for the night and had about a half hour to get there while the kitchen was still preparing food.
Upon arriving we were quickly seated and our server Kaley was tableside to give us the scoop for the evenings menu. We ordered quickly, I had the featured Thai Chicken noodle salad which was so flavorful, well prepared and LARGE. My husband had the features Tri Tip special which came and surprised us both. The portion size was enough for two. Perfectly prepared at Medium rare. We each had one glass of wine from the fairly extensive wine list, we were both pleased with our meal, the service of the staff and the choice of menu items. We hope The Mint will remain open for a long time. There have been changes in ownership over the past couple years, we wish the new owners much success in the future. We will certainly be back again.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and I went to The Mint last night, first time since new ownership. We used to go the The Mint quite often. I have to say that my husband and I ere very dissapointed. The look and feel of the place is awesome, just as it was before, but that is my only positive thing to say. The menu is a cheap peice of paper, but the food on the menu is exactly the opposite. The prices are outrageous!. Plus, the variety of the food choices is minimal to say the least. The only seafood they have is peel and eat shrimp as an appetizer, and are you ready for this? $16.00 for 1/2 lb. Are you kidding me? I settled for a flatbread pizza with shrimp, and I mean one shrimp, basil, and mozarella. It wa just okay. My husband had a pork chop, was suppose to be 16 oz., I think they need to check their scales. He had a baked potato and mixed veggies, which consisted of overcooked beets and carrots. We each had one drink, glass of wine and whiskey and coke. Our bill was $53.00, and we ordered a couple of the cheapest meals on the menu.
The waitress was great, but the length of time to get our meal was also ridiculous. Needless to say, we will not be going back to The Mint, we would rather drive 30 miles to Three Forks to the Sacajawea anyday.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Sadly, when an established local landmark is taken over by new owners there is a strong possibility of problems. We had great service by our server but that is about all I can say positive about our Christmas eve visit. The new owners have come up with a menu that has far fewer selections than before, eliminating all seafood choices, and the prices for what they do offer are unreasonable. Our food was merely "O.K." but the bar service was terrible! After two failed attempts to properly mix our requested specialty drinks we gave up and settled for a basic gin and tonic. The 'new' Mint had only been open for less than a week when we visited so I hope that they get things straightened out soon. The restaurant business is tough to say the least, and to see the Mint continue to survive they are going to need to improve their menu and hire a new bar manager.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Seems like every other bar in Montana is called the Mint. This one was upgraded, remodeled and gentrified several years ago. Goes with the whole Bozeman area theme of the same. But the food and drink are very good. Fun place to sit in either the bar or the restaurant and have a drink and eat a meal.

We have been back several times. And with all the choices in Bozeman that is saying something. We even take our out of town guests there.

1  Thank vintagetrailer
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We chose the Mint twice during a stay in Belgrade last August. The food is good, and priced well for what it is. We found it to be a lively and fun atmosphere, and really enjoyed the live music, an excellent Blue Grass band, as well.