“the mint is back !”

Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Belgrade
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Montana Steakhouse and Gathering Place. In service to Belgrade and the Gallatin Valley since 1904.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

first and foremost, i was impressed and grateful that the owners were so conscientious
by making 2 visits each to my table throughout the meal to make certain that my guests
were satisfied.
i observed each of them visit many other tables and actually help with the table service.
my server was sweet and wonderful and fully explained the offerings to me and my chums, who were all starving after a day on the river.
nachos(esp the salsa)-----------------------------------------A+
country(or something) salad---------------------------------A
veggies------------------------------------------------------------A
ribeye steak------------------------------------------------------A
huckleberrycheesecake---------------------------------------A

both of my guests were equally pleased.
as long time montanan, i was very surprised to see
montana rose provide the musical entertainment which had many patron
couples up and dancing throughout the restaurant.
i will return quickly w/ more of my friends.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We dined at the mint last night and my girl friend had the crab cake and chicken and pear salad and I had prime rib. The waitstaff was attentive and there was a nice feel about the place. We will been back

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This restaurant was another recommendation from a hotel staff member and we thought it was good. The owner made it a point to visit with us and tell us the history of the restaurant. The huckleberry cheesecake was wonderful - although a bit pricey. We ordered salads and they were very large.

1  Thank Rosebudkam
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Well things have surly changed here since our last visit, and not in a positive way!
The service was ok, but the server was not very well trained and asked some strange questions that she should actually know the answers to if she is waiting on tables and knows the menu.
She did not!!!!!
We ordered a flavored martini which was the worst ever, it came with olive juice in it. Never have we had a sweet martini with olive juice in it. WRONG! Then ordered a Moscow Mule, did not call the vodka to be premium, got charged for Stolichnaya a $2.00 up charge! We paid for a friends drink which was also a Moscow Mule and got the same thing again. He didn't call his to be a premium vodka either! Another $2.00 up charge, That's $4.00 more then on the menu. Nice of the bar tender to do that without our asking!!!! Charging $22.00 for less then a 1/2 of a chicken and a baker is ridiculous! and a salad for $ 11.00 Crazy!!!
And so I hope the management will read this and see what actually happens there.
The food only to be considered so/so is at best a compliment. The quality has gone down, down, down. I expect that the doors will soon close again, a restaurant cannot keep the doors open with food and service like this. We will not return, unfortunately the restaurant owners or managers are not giving it much thought these days.

1  Thank jeffreyshapiro
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Friendly enough staff and service however..... The food has changed a bit.
When we were here on Christmas night the food was really good. The plates came with plenty of food and nicely garnished. Tasty and flavorful. Not so much last night. Unfortunately we were disappointed with the food quality, quantity and presentation.
I ordered a Pear, Feta, Fennel and Chicken salad. Eh, It was so/so. The lettuce was not cold the chicken was hard to find and the fennel if there was any was a surprise to me. I did see and taste the bit of pear in it. It was missing flavor and something more could be added in. They could have easily doubled the ingredients and still had the food cost in order.
My husband ordered the Adobe rubbed chicken & baked potato, that is exactly what he got! Nothing else on the plate and nothing special about the food. He said it was tasty but the presentation was certainly lacking. Liike it was tossed on the plate and served!
Our server as cute and friendly as she is, Anah, was a bit inexperienced for someone working there for 6 moths.
My husband ordered a Raspberry martini, she asked if he wanted it dirty or up? Now if it was a regular vodka or gin martini , I can understand those questions. A flavored martini is exactly that. The bartender obviously didn't know the way to make this either b/c he put olive juice in it and made it a dirty / flavored mess. He did remake it and then it was overly sweet. Easy enough to read a recipe.
I ordered a Moscow Mule which is a typical drink on the menu. It was lacking in the Ginger beer and it tasted to me like artificial lime juice was used instead of a 1/4 of a real lime squeezed into it. Served with lime slice on the edge. NEVER is it served like that.
Anah, asked how my husband how wanted his chicken cooked............Chicken is always served fully cooked, no questions need to be asked.
Our take on this experience was that the help needs better training and the kitchen could use some assistance in what is to go out to customers. My theory when I was a food service owner was.... If you wouldn't eat it.... Do not serve it. If it needs something ask someone if your not sure.
As a local restaurant in a small town, one would think to over compensate for service and quality to keep people coming back, especially local customers. Here they need to work on several aspects to improve what was good has become mediocre.
It'll be a while before we spend our dollars there again.