“Was it an Off Day?”

Description: (406) 388-2558
Bozeman, Montana
“Was it an Off Day?”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stopped in here 2 mornings ago upon the suggestion of an associate. Ordered a 16 oz. coffee to go - $2. Had to ask for cream & sugar, as there was none available on the counters - service person seemed 'disturbed' by my asking??? Inquired about who the roasters were for their coffee, was told "The Previous Owners" .... Which means, What?
Then I stirred my coffee and saw the "Mud" effect of noticeably old coffee that has been on the burner too long (like at a gas station) that told me everything I needed to know. This business does not care about customer service or the coffee. How disappointing ....

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ChefScott90

Punta Gorda Isles, Florida, United States
“Fabulous Find”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

After taking our son back to the Bozeman airport I entered "lunch" into my smart phone. The Painted Horse came up as highly recommended. We tried it. The food was absolutely wonderful, service outstanding. If we return to this area again it will definitely be on our list for places to dine.

• Visited August 2013
Bozeman, Montana, United States
“Best Coffee shop/cafe in the Valley!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

All passersby should stop in. Headed to Big Sky or Yellowstone from the airport? Fuel your drive with a coffee and sandwich at The Horse. Greg pulls a sublime shot of espresso (try it in the Havana--truly a picture-worthy work of art), and Kyle crafts a sandwich that when paired with his homemade tomato soup has no equal in Belgrade or Bozeman. Add lively conversation and funky atmosphere, and you couldn't ask for a better restaurant experience. Love this place!

• Visited June 2013
Old Lyme, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic sandwiches and soup”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I am a skier and I like well made, original food. I was not expecting much in the town of Belgrade, Montana but, I must say that this coffee and sandwich shop was top of the line. The sandwiches, salads, tomato soup, and cappuccino were right out of a Bon Appetit magazine. The decor of the shop is enhanced by original watercolors and oil paintings from presumably local artists. I would go back to this place in a heartbeat!

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch and it was fantastic!! This is a must stop place for anyone heading out to Big Sky. We had the lunch special and it was one of the best sandwich/soup combos I've ever had. Don't let the word sandwich stop you. This was way better than any plain sandwich. Home made tomato soup was out of this world good. I want to go back again tomorrow and you highly recommend this to my friends or anyone else coming to the area.