“Hidden Gem in Belgrade”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The very definition of a hidden gem. In a very unlikely location for a restaurant of this quality and creativity, eating here always feels like a new discovery. Their sandwiches and burgers are pricey, but in the book of my stomach, they are worth it! Nice atmosphere, friendly service and high quality food keeps me coming back.

1  Thank WhiteOwl450

Reviewed 14 May 2013

The Desert Rose is the perfect spot if you want to avoid QSR burgers but don't want to pay $15 for that gourmet burger. Good burger variety served with their excellent homemade chips. Service is warm and friendly. Whenever I have to depart from the local airport in the afternoon, I'll stop by Desert Rose for lunch first.

1  Thank BozemanMike
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I travel a lot for my work and when I am in Belgrade--this is the place I go for lunch. Great people, great service. And the best "plain ole burger" around. Indoor and Outdoor seating. And the best potato chips ever. I always talk them into sending a "doggy bag" of chips home with me.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I wish they were still open for breakfast. The food is so good. They have outdoor seating in the summer too. Fresh; home style. just plain good.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I used Desert Rose for catering a banquet that I co-organized at the beginning of November 2011.

LIKED: Good food, reasonably priced, flexibility in amount of banquet attendees up to a few days prior to event, really nice folks to work with, good price for tableware/plate rental, delivered for reasonable price, wow those were great brownies.

DISLIKED: Portion size lacking for buffet-style banquet (some food ran out before everyone took first trip), some of the hot dishes became cold a little prematurely.

BOTTOM LINE: I would use Desert Rose again. Give Cindy and Scott a call for your next catering event; you and your budget will thank you!