“Nice room with background music of snow groomers all night.”

Big Sky Resort Village Center
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Big Sky
Bozeman
“Nice room with background music of snow groomers all night.”
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Very nicely appointed slopeside studio and the rate was $129 - wow! You have to check in at the Shoshone and have them take your bags to the Village Center and the bellmen are not enthused since they have to load them into a suburban and then take them over. In fact, he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. Room is clean and has a mini kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, sink etc. You walk out the back door of the hotel and you are ON the ski hill - nice! However, the large cat groomers run all night and swing around to go back up the hill right in front of your room so if you have a mountain view room with nice sliding doors, you better bring earplugs if you want to sleep. Outdoor hot tub was clean and hot. We stayed two nights. Location location location.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
MN
Reviewed 2 January 2010

The room was nice and right on the hill, but the service was the awful. I arrived in the morning and was ready to unpack and ski. The bellman said he could take my stuff to the room, and it was hard to without. So i said OK, gave him $5 and just went straight to the skiing. When I got back after skiing, my luggage wasn't in my room. After, looking around, I eventually found my stuff sitting in the lobby of the Huntley. There was nobody there, so i just took it to my room myself.
The maid only came once during our 5 night stay, when I talked to her, she said she was the only working the whole hotel. So we had to get our own towels, tissues, and throw out trash ourselves, which isnt a big problem, just kinda like having room service when on vacation. On our last night, they ran out of towels, so we couldn't get any fresh ones.There were about 8 lying in my room from the last few days if they would actually hire people to clean the rooms.
I agree with the breakfast, I don't understand why it takes 20 minutes to be seated when there are open tables and its a buffet. Its really annoying when u want to get on the hill right away.
On top of it all, the neighbors were blasting some music from some stereo system. All I could hear of it was the bass vibrating all day and night. Heard the security come up about 8 times the first couple of days, the music would start again about 15 min after the security left.
I asked if I could check out one day early...because we couldn't sleep with the music blasting next door, and had to drive home early the following day. The manager told me they cant refund it if its prepaid and I should call security if the noise is loud, the security had already been up twice that day and its still going on! We ended up leaving that night anyways and being charged for the room bc I couldn't put up with the bass anymore.
The skiing is great, no lines and not crowded. But the resort sucks. I would stay at Bucks T4 lodge or rent a place in the meadows.
Unless the resort gets some new management, I would not stay here again, the service is awful. If you do stay here, don't expect much.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MN0230
BigSkyResort001, Public Relations Manager at Big Sky Resort Village Center, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your Big Sky experience with us. We are so sorry to hear how dissatisfied you were with our customer service. You and our team should expect more. Please accept our sincere apologies. We will be sure to share your comments with our team. If you do stay with us again please be sure to let our staff know immediately if anything is not to your liking. You can also reach our team directly at info@bigskyresort.com. Thanks again for sharing your review with us. We invite you to come and give our Big Sky team another chance.
Antioch, California
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Thanks Maria! this field requires at least 50 characters but I'm not saying anything else because Maria already knows what I mean, "wink" lol.

Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed 5 March 2009

We loved our studio room. It was the perfect location for ski in/out and upscale feel. We had a nice studio with kitchen, fireplace, patio and flat screen. And everything was very clean. What more could you ask for.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 2 March 2009

We stayed for 5 nights, it is in the middle of the base. Easy to ski in & out to high speed chairs. Easy walk to all the other lodges/dinning/ and bar areas at the base.
I like this since it was very new & clean. Bathrooms were huge, tile & stone.
Lots of space. But like the other reviewer wrote about the murphy bed in the way of drawers is true. Only one night did housekeeping put up the bed, but it would not have mattered, since you wake up and dress. But there are so many other drawers you can use. Nice fireplace. Little kitchen, no stove, but microwave and frige.
The best part of it: was you rarely saw another person. The hot tub, rarely used. No noise ever heard, except the groomers at night, We had friends who stayed at the Huntley, every night they heard people staying up late, Music noise from the hot tub area. Not to mention the crowds. Could not even find a spot in the hot tubs.
Is a bit inconvient to check in, but the cowboys do take your bags & pick them up.
Plus none of the lodgings have close parking.
I would stay in this area again.
We at one point had 9 people total at the mountain, We did the moonlight dinners
Yurt meal. Was the best thing we did.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 28 December 2008

My husband & I wanted to play hooky from the warmth of Texas for Christmas. I found Big Sky on a search. Thank goodness I did. They treated us as if we were the only people there. Everyone no matter who they were on the totem pole greeted us. Our room was BEAUTIFUL , clean & cozy. Tons of storage. we are already planning on going back next year. Think Norman Rockwell Christmas.

Because nothing can be perfect, 2 VERY small complaints. No bathtub & no ledge for a lady to shave her legs without getting a head rush. Finally no gift shop in our actual hotel. There is one a couple of steps away, but when I realized I had forgotten my contact lens solution, I had to suit up with all my cold weather apparel to make the walk. (snow boots, jacket, hat etc...) Not to bad at all!

I HIGHLY recommend staying & or visiting. It was LOVE at first sight.

• Liked — The snow, the staff & the activities
  • Disliked — no bathtub, & no gift shop in actual hotel.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Dakota
Reviewed 28 December 2008

Our stay at Big Sky was fabulous! Service is second to none. The entire staff -wherever we went- whether it be check in at hotel, consierge desk, wait staff at restaurants, etc. were so very kind. We had to move rooms due to fireplace malfunction (no danger just didn't work properly at the time) and received a free bottle of wine courtesy of management for the small inconvenience. Follow up phone calls were made to see we were comfortable. Rooms were very clean. Decor was great. Cleaning staff visited our room to offer clean towels and chocolates. Doors were opened and you were greeted immediatley upon your arrival at the hotelWhen we went out to dinner, we returned to our room with the Murphy Bed drawn down and set for us - including chocolates on our pillows. Most of all, the Valet service crew( from the Summit) was amazing. Not only were they friendly, but they made you feel like you knew them for years. If you stay at the Village Center, you will not regret it.

• Liked — Ski-side location
  • Disliked — Room slightly crowded when bed down.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Aboutfaceartist