“Most relaxing vacation yet”
Review of Lake Condominiums

Lake Condominiums
French Lick, Indiana
“Most relaxing vacation yet”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed in July. New comfy mattresses. Nice older condos furniture could stand some updating and there are a few maintenance items but it really doesn't matter. The view and location are well worth it. Booked a 2 BR thru RCI. We came here to relax and we did. Good location within driving distance to Yellowstone. Quiet condo overlooking the lake. No elevator. We had to carry up a lot of stuff as we stopped at the Grocery in Bozeman and stocked up for the week. Once you get used to the altitude its not a problem. If you can't do stairs, request a ground level. Would come back here again and probably will because you can not visit all of the park in a week.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 5300kim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed here last summer (June 2012) for our visit to Yellowstone. We arrived late in the evening since we flew into BZN. Make sure to call ahead if you will be checking in late, as they sometimes put the keys in a lock box near the office and you need to know what the combo is! We had a two bedroom condo on the second floor overlooking the Lake. BEAUTIFUL views! I attached a couple pictures I took from our balcony. As someone from Sacramento, CA visiting a place that's not 110 degrees in the summer is really nice!

Although we didn't use it, there is a pool and it looks to be well maintained as well as the rest of the grounds. We really enjoyed our stay here. Yellowstone N.P. Is a wonderful place to visit and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kevin C
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 30 June 2013

we had booked a two bedroom room through RCI for seven days but we stayed only three days as we were short of time. The location of the resort is mind blowing.
The place was unique with no reception. When we called up the resort we were given proper direction to the destination and we were warned that in most cases GPS does not work. However we were lucky to find our GPS system working. The only drawback is that there are no elevators and if you are given a room on the 2nd floor you will have to carry all your luggage which is difficult for senior citizens and people with health problems. In our case our room was allotted on the ground floor but someone prior to us who had arrived requested for the ground floor and the same was given to them not realising that we were also senior citizens.
before reaching there we were given a number to open the key box. we had to take the keys from the box and carry your own luggage as there is no service available. The Wi Fi is free in the rooms but the mobile net is not good.
The place is excellent and worth visiting.

Room Tip: choose a room touching the lake .there are rooms which are little away from the lake .Also book a ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Anil K
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This is one of those reviews I was not sure I wanted to write -- I'd kind of like to keep this place to myself! We stayed in Unit 1545 which is a two-bedroom with loft. The unit has a balcony on the front, with a gas BBQ grill and one on the back facing Lone Mountain, Big Sky's signature peak. The unit is fully equipped, even to the point of some items being a bit quirky to find in a timeshare (a springform baking pan and spray air freshener in the bathrooms). There is a gas fireplace (no need to pick up wood). I was pleasantly surprised with the number of towels (18), place settings (10) as most timeshares within the Bluegreen chain (which this is thankfully not part of -- see below) skimp on the number of these items so you are constantly running the dishwasher and/or washing towels. Not necessary here with a family of 5. The kitchen featured a whisper quiet dishwasher - also a surprise as most places we stay require that you run the dishwasher when you are away for the day as they are generally the cheapest, loudest units out there. There are lots of other nice touches -- clock radios by each bed, two full boxes of dishwasher soap, a combo DVD/VCR, etc. We used the washer and dryer, which was great for packing (or not having to pack so much!).

Not sure why as we stayed in mid-June, but it seemed that the place was mostly deserted. We generally had the pool to ourselves -- at most having to share it with one other family. There are two hot tubs, so when you get the invariably rambunctious kid in the one you are in, there is always a second one to retreat to. Both the hot tubs and pool were immaculately clean and the pool is heated so even though the outside temp here in June is often quite brisk, the pool is comfortable.

We spent several days of our stay in Bozeman (hour drive to the North) taking in the activities there. We spent several days in Yellowstone which is about 90 minutes South. West Yellowstone is actually about an hour South, but it takes a little more driving before you really hit the sights in Yellowstone Park. This was a very manageable drive. I will say that Big Sky is in a very isolated place within the Gallatin forest -- so plan on 1 hour or more trips to get anywhere. There is not a wealth of inexpensive shopping or activities within the Big Sky resort, so you have to plan a couple hours in the car to see anything or avoid spending a king's ransom to purchase anything. This was kind of a bummer to the kids as it took two days of driving to get here in the first place. Certainly not the fault of the resort -- but a reality none-the-less. See my tip below about purchasing supplies in Bozeman before you get here. We did not take this advice and found ourselves going into town the second day to pick up groceries!

One of the best parts of staying here in the Lake Condos, I found, was the "no-bother" focus of the management -- what I mean is that you don't even have to talk to anyone even at check-in -- they have an envelope with your name on it in a lockbox that they send you the code to...in my Bluegreen experience (where I own the timeshare), they are ALWAYS hounding you to sacrifice part of your vacation for an "owner update" where they will try to sell you more points. I spend a great deal of my time, when staying at a typical Bluegreen resort, avoiding the concierge, telling the kids NOT to answer the phone in the unit, etc. I get tired of the constant sales job -- I would not have bought in had I known that this would be the case. To Bluegreen, you are always a captive buyer -- it gets really old. None of this happens here because this is an affiliate resort. No sales pressure, no interruptions, no bother. You don't even have to talk to the office to check out -- you just leave your keys on the kitchen counter and leave. When we did need to talk to the office about refilling the propane tank in our unit -- they were very friendly with NO sales pitch. It was a refreshing change! I hate Bluegreen for the way they treat owners in this way so I would gladly come back here knowing I have ALL of my vacation to myself without the sales pitch.

We will be back -- this was a great week full of memories!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Eric C
virginia beach
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This will be my 2nd visit to Lake condominiums as a time share exchange thru RCI. It was just as nice this time around as 3 years ago. Extremely well maintained, 3 friends spent a week there traveling back and forth from Yellowstone and surrounding areas. It is a bit of a hike to the west entrance, but worth the drive. Appliances were almost new, all the necessities for cooking. The hot tub could have been hotter, and unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, the wireless was down so we were pretty much unplugged for the week. "Justin" Beaver kept us entertained on the lake along with a couple of bald eagles and hawks. All around nice place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank vabeachygal
Leawood, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The condo I stayed in was 1507. It was spacious, fairly clean and well equipped. I rearranged some furniture to be viewing the great outdoors and sit adjacent to the fireplace. There were some bobby pins and pretzel pieces under the couches, which you probably wouldn't see unless you moved furniture. I was here in the off season, and with the ski areas closed, and many area restaurants taking a hiatus, it was definitely just a week to read, relax, and watch the snow fall softly. That is what I wanted, so it was perfect. I agree that there is no assistance unless you request it during office hours. I didn't have any emergencies, so that wasn't an issue for me. Bring binoculars and enjoy watching for wild life.

Room Tip: No fitness center or room service
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 February 2013

This place is great. Not super-luxury, but certainly highly functional. We stayed here because of the size and convenience to the mountain for skiing. We got a 2-bdrm condo which slept 8. This was perfect b/c we have 7 people in our family. This place was paid for through our RCI timeshare exchange.
The building was built in the early 90s and is in great shape. They have 2 jacuzzis and a heated pool. It is a 2 minute drive to Big Sky and a 5 minute drive to Moonlight Basin. There is a shuttle that is free and comes every 30 minutes. We ended up driving b/c we rented a car and it was more convenient. There is a drop off area for both mountains and free parking.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family