My parents started coming to Lone Mountain Ranch 30 years ago after my mother read an article about the Ranch in The New York Times. They had been cross country skiing at various resorts and were excited by the review. After their first year here they never went anywhere else, coming back almost every season from then on. My husband and I and our 2 children joined my father 8 years ago and fell in love with the Ranch--the staff, the food, the mountains--everything. It is a special place for all of us. Each year when we return it feels like coming home again. We love our cabin--relaxing by a fire each late afternoon before heading to the saloon to reconnect with the friends we have made who also return year after year and meet new guests. And we love the stillness of the early mornings as we get ready to head out on the spectacularly beautiful trails. An optional trip into Yellowstone ( a winter wonderland!) is an extra added treat. The staff is great--so relaxed and genuine and yet so concerned with making each stay for each guest a memorable one. Our children are a third generation of Lone Mountain guests and we hope to enjoy this unique place with them for years to come.
And my husband loves the bacon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lone Mountain Ranch (LMR), situated on 148 acres in beautiful Big Sky, Montana, was first homesteaded in 1915 and has long been recognized as one of the premier guest ranch resorts in the country. The property consists of 30 rooms located within 24 unique cabins as well as a restaurant and saloon, pavilion, retail shop, equestrian facilities, and meeting spaces. Listed on the National Registry of the Historic Places, a member of the Dude Rancher's Association, an Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge, a National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World, and once voted the #1 Nordic ski area in North America, LMR offers authentic accommodations, genuine Montana cuisine, exceptional service, and a stunning array of outdoor activities. Combine these attributes with close proximity to Yellowstone National Park, Big Sky Resort, as well as Bozeman Airport, and we believe the LMR guest experience is unlike any other in the American West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Lone Mountain Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel Big Sky
- Lone Mountain Ranch Big Sky, Montana