We've been home for 2 weeks and we miss LMR so much. We loved our vacation. The staff is amazing and work so hard to make it a wonderful experience. The kids program blew us away. The counselors are highly qualified and from the moment we met them, I didn't hesitate to leave my daughter with them for the day. They are so energetic and happy to spend time with the kids. My daughter fell in love with all the counselors but definitely had her favorites (Sara, Andrew and Cody). It was hard to pry her away at the end of the day! But when we did, she still had lots of time to play with her new friends outside. There is a large open grass area outside the dining hall that all the kids run and play and she loved the open space.
My daughter fell in love with "her" horse on day one and LMR did a great job of making sure she was able to ride "Eclipse" the rest of our stay. The wranglers were very knowledgable but Jennifer was so patient and after our last ride, spent almost an hour with our daughter teaching her about unsaddling a horse and caring for the horses. She was able to help Jen unsaddle 4 horses and carry the saddles to the barn. It was such a great experience for her.
It's hard to describe how awesome the food is. The menu stays the same all week but then they have specials that aren't on the menu. ORDER THE SPECIALS!! They are phenomenal! And the staff in the dining hall work so hard and are so friendly. We especially liked Annie from Maine. We really enjoyed the Friday night family style dinner too. What a great way to end the stay.
My husband and I enjoyed the saloon and Ben the bartender. He was very knowledgable and willing to make any drink for you. We sampled various drinks and I've even ordered a few bottles of liquor since we've been home that he suggested so we could recreate our drinks.
We stayed July 5-12 and the weather was perfect. Our cabin was cozy. We are a family of 3 and didn't need much space and booked probably later than we should have. We stayed in Blue Spruce and loved that it was tucked in the trees and right next to the creek. But next time, we will book earlier and reserve one of the larger cabins even though we didn't spend much time in the cabin.
We met some great families and created memories that we will cherish for a lifetime. We definitely will be back someday to LMR...we loved it so much. Worth every penny!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lone Mountain Ranch (LMR), situated on 148 acres in beautiful Big Sky, Montana, was first homesteaded in 1915 and has long been recognized as one of the premier guest ranch resorts in the country. The property consists of 30 rooms located within 24 unique cabins as well as a restaurant and saloon, pavilion, retail shop, equestrian facilities, and meeting spaces. Listed on the National Registry of the Historic Places, a member of the Dude Rancher's Association, an Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge, a National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World, and once voted the #1 Nordic ski area in North America, LMR offers authentic accommodations, genuine Montana cuisine, exceptional service, and a stunning array of outdoor activities. Combine these attributes with close proximity to Yellowstone National Park, Big Sky Resort, as well as Bozeman Airport, and we believe the LMR guest experience is unlike any other in the American West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Priceline so you can book your Lone Mountain Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel Big Sky
- Lone Mountain Ranch Big Sky, Montana