“Its a bar”

Ranked #39 of 71 Restaurants in Big Sky
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Clearwater, Florida
“Its a bar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

This place is a bar so don't go there for the atmosphere. My boys and I all had the brisket which was good. My daughter had the pulled pork which she said was good. However, she spent the next day throwing up. I can't say for sure it was the pork, but it only lasted an afternoon and then she was fine. Doesn't sound like the flu and I'm a doctor so I should know those things.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank DPTBones
Anderson W, Owner at The Broken Spoke, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
I am glad that the food all tasted good. You are right about it being a bar. I remember when y'all came in, sat at table 4, and I remember you being happy with the food and service. I have to say that I find it really hard that your daughter got food poisoning from the pulled pork. We go through over a pork butt a day and with the amount of locals that eat everyday there is NO way that I wouldn't have heard about it if it there was a problem. Possibly your daughter picked up a bug on the plane or could have had altitude sickness, just a thought. You can always check the Gallatin County health inspector website and check out all of our health reports, straight A's!

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellant Food, Great staff, and a wonderful owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stopped in on our last night in Big Sky (Cincinnati Fire Fighters Annual Ski vacation) Had a great meal, Wonderful beer (Groomer) Couldn't have asked for a better staff (Christie) or owner. Glad we stopped in. We will be back.

• Visited January 2014
Auburn, AL
“Hands On Owner, Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

After a long day skiing and touring our group of four was not in the mood for a two hour wait at the slope-side restaurants so we ventured down the mountain to try to get into someplace quickly. We found the Broken Spoke and were able to be seated immediately. Our waitress was extremely nice but seemed slightly confused that we were not drinking as she came back three times trying to get us to try the drink specials. We ordered the chips and salsa to snack on before dinner. The salsa was fresh made and was different from anything I have ever had. When we commented about it the owner/chef came out and told us exactly how he made it and was very appreciative that we were enjoying it. We ordered the pulled pork sliders, the brisket slider, the steak sandwich and a rib plate. Everything was outstanding. The barbecue sauces paired with each of the meats were also excellent. I really appreciated that the wait staff and the owner were so personable and that they tried to give us personal service. The Broken Spoke is a great "smoke house" style restaurant with nice staff and a customer focused owner without the crowds of the slope side restaurants. It is well worth the short drive down the mountain to try!

• Visited December 2013
Schweinfurt, Germany
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We walked in after a bad experience at another restaurant, we (four adults and a kid) were told to sit anywhere and which game was on which TV. we all had a tasty beverage, the kid had a "fancy" drink while the rest of us had a taste of local brews. the two women working had their hands full but managed all the patrons well.

the Broken Spoke had the NFL ticket and we were able to watch the non-local televised football games! the crowd was eclectic and cheerful as we all watched the games important to us. we are already planning on returning later in the week

• Visited December 2013
Milwaukee
“Casual atmosphere , Friendly staff, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I've been visiting Big Sky for ten years. This was my first visit to this restaurant. It's opened less than two years ago. It's a bar atmosphere. staff was very attentive and friendly. The pulled pork and beef brisket was fantastic; tender and very flavorful. Homemade sauces were excellent. Great homemade French fries. Everyday happy hour 4-7. It's a bargain compared to other restaurants in Big Sky. The owner came out to ask us how we liked everything and thanked us for coming. We will definitely go back.

Visited December 2013