“Fantastic Service”

Black Tie Ski Rentals of Big Sky
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Big Sky's Premier Ski Rental delivery business! We service both Big Sky and Moonlight Basin. Bring convenience back into your vacation and let Black Tie deliver and custom fit your ski equipment at a time and place that is convenient for you!
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I called Black Tie the afternoon that we arrived in Big Sky and they arrived with all of our gear (2 sets of skis and boots, poles and a helmet) within 2 hours. Everything was fitted & worked perfectly during our 12 day trip. I changed skis, twice, during those 12 days & they showed up to switch the skis, fit those to my boots at exactly the time they said they would be here. We are so impressed with Black Tie, really liked the guys that showed up (had all kinds of tips about the area for us!) each time - we will use them every time, not only for Big Sky, but any ski resort where their service is located. Why would anyone ever go into a rental store, when these guys come right to your house & their prices are competitive?! Like I said, fantastic service!!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank oliverk3
BlackTieofBigSky, Owner at Black Tie Ski Rentals of Big Sky, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
I am glad you enjoyed our service and that it worked so well during your vacation here in Big Sky. We look forward to seeing you again sometime at anywhere there is a Black Tie location. Thanks for choosing Black Tie and we hope to see you again here in Big Sky again sometime!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“most disappointing experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

This review will be quick and informative - my Black tie experience was extremely disappointing. The company had to visit our house 4 times in order to get our ski equipment correct. Additionally, they incorrectly charged my credit card and when I called the store to have it corrected, no one called me back. It took 3 phone calls to get in touch with the right person, and when I did, the owner was unapologetic for his staffs poor performance. You can rent equipment for a MUCH cheaper price with better customer service. I would not recommend Black Tie to anyone renting at Big Sky.

2 Thank Rae B
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Disappointing - don't waste your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We were a group of 8 skiers who recently stayed in a home in Big Sky. 4 of us decided to rent our skis and boots from Black Tie Ski Rentals as we saw their claims of exceptional service, and thought that we could optimize our skiing time and wanted minimal hassle to rent our skis. The other 4 members of our group choose the cheaper route, and decided to drive down to town to rent from a local outfitter. We booked Black Tie to come to the house at 8am and at 8:10am I received a call from Black Tie asking where the house was located. That seemed odd to me since they had had the details of the house through our on-line application for a number of weeks, and had had ample chance to locate it in advance. But that was only the beginning. When the Black Tie van arrived, they announced that they had forgotten the snowboarding boots that we had ordered for my son, and that they would need to go back and get them. My husband tried on his pair of boots, and found that they were too small. When we asked for a larger pair - they said that they would have to go back and get these too. That wasn't what I had expected, since I thought that they came with a range of boot options in case the first pair didn't fit. So they left to retrieve two new pairs of boots and finally returned with them at 9:40am - one hour and forty minutes later!!!! By this time, the other 4 members of our group had already driven the 15 mins down to town to rent their skis and had returned and were out the door skiing. We had paid $20 per day each more for the Black Tie experience, but it took considerably longer, and was altogether a very frustrating experience which we could have avoided if we had rented the skis and boots locally at a store. The 2 boys who delivered our skis told us that our experience was not one which "normally" happened, but they made no offer of any sort of recompense, nor did I receive a call from the Manager of Black Tie with an apology. Altogether, this was a very poor service experience, and we will DEFINATELY not be using Black Tie Ski Rentals of Big Sky again. Beware!!!!

4 Thank EricaBahamas
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The Only Way To Rent Skis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

My friend used Black Tie in Lake Tahoe and raved about how convenient it was. So I decided to give them a try for our group of 11 on our trip to Big Sky. The entire process start to finish could not have been smoother. The number in our group changed multiple times and every time I need to adjust our reservation all it took was a simple email that was responded to extremely quickly. Our flight into Bozeman was delayed and it took one quick call to Black Tie to reschedule our fitting with no problem. Black Tie sent two guys to our cabin with multiple sizes and options for everyone and work with everyone in our group to make sure we were satisfied with our equipment. Then they went over the layout of the mountain and gave us recommendations for place to eat and go out around town. All we had to do to return the gear was leave it outside our door. No questions or hassle. This is by far the most convenient way I have ever rented skis. I will use them again in the future for sure!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Luke J
BlackTieofBigSky, Owner at Black Tie Ski Rentals of Big Sky, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review for us! We really appreciate it! I am so glad that you enjoyed the service and we hope to see you again in the future. Take Care....
Boca Raton, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Could not have been easier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

On time ,great equipment, big promises were met with big deliveries. Will definitely rent from them again.

1 Thank Roberto M
Thanks for the review we really appreciate it. I am glad it worked out so well and you enjoyed the service! We hope to see you again in the future.