“A little remote, but awesome! Beautiful!”

Powder Ridge Cabins
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Rented a cabin here and it was perfect for my husband amd two teenagers. Although, the area is a little remote, it is well worth the hour long drive from Bozeman airport. Get your groceries for the week before heading to Big Sky! There are no grocery stores within 50 MILES. Check in was easy and the staff was very helpful by giving directions and explaining amenities. The cabin had a hot tub and was beautiful inside. I would have loved to call it my own. The snow capped mountains in August was amazingly refreshing. I would go back in a skinny minute. A little pricey to get there from the east coast, but it was the vacation of a lifetime. Rent a car! Yellowstone is about an hour or so away. Visit Bear World in Idaho if you have the time. That was awesome!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank lovevawine

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We loved this cabin! It was very homey.

Big Sky is great for skiing, with fresh powder every day, and no lift lines. It was a little cold when we were there, but hey, we were skiing.

Powder ridge 15 is on the White Otter slope (a slope off to the side of the resort). We literally walked across the street and up a slope and were on the ski slope. Depending on the day, we had to sometimes use our poles a lot to ski down to the lift, but we also could have taken a bus that comes hourly, or call the bellman to drive us to the base if we wanted.

The cabin itself was great. It was clean, and had three bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. (two bunk beds=4 twins, a queen, and a king).Each bedroom had it's own TV, and there was a flat screen TV and DVD player in the living room. This cabin has free wi-fi. There was also a woodburning fireplace in the living room and plenty of wood on the front porch so we made a fire almost every night.

The kitchen was clean and well equipped including toaster, microwave, blender and coffee maker. There were plenty of pots and pans, and dishes/cups/glasses.

There was a washer and dryer in the house but the best part was the hot tub on the back deck. Unlike other reviews I read, the hot tub was clean, and had views of the ski slopes.

Housekeeping came every other day and supplied clean linens and towels.
We also had access to the gym, pool, and hot tub and sauna in the Huntly Lodge, but after skiing all day we never checked it out. We were happy to go back to the cabin and relax.

Room Tip: This was the only cabin we stayed in, but we really liked it. compared to other reviews I read I th...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank likecomfy
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We spent 4 nights in February 2012 in this wonderful 4 bedroom home. Everything in this home is top notch. the cabin was clean and tastfully decorated. The 2 master bedrooms on the top floor were great and the 2 bedrooms on the main floor were a nice to have for the younger adults in our group. We ate all lunches here because we could ski right to our deck and then ski right from our cabin to the white otter lift. We also cook 3 dinners with the help of a gas grill on the deck. After skiiing the hot tub was a great place to kick back and soak away rhe sore muscles. we look forward to our return !

Room Tip: Our dinner at the lone mountain ranch was a great place to take my wife on valentines day.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Three couples fit well in this house. we rented it for one week. getting to the access lift which is the otter lift was a little bit of a walk but not too bad, getting home was easy, you could ski right to the front door.
the fire place was great and we had plenty of wood.
It is best to have a car, although you could do without a car. It turns out to be a bout the same price if you fly into Bozeman and get Karst shuttle.
Your really need to stock up on food before going into big sky, not much food there to buy.
we stopped in Belgrade and bought groceries for the whole week.
The owners were very helpful and answered all the questions promptly. the price was fair, not a great value, but no too overpriced.
The house needed a deeper cleaning to make make me feel really good, but it not groady, just not as clean as I had expected, dust on the blinds and some long cobwebs hanging from the ceilings. the hot tub water was not very clean either, I didn't use it. But i would not let this deter me from renting this house. I suggest you talk to the owner and make arrangements to make sure is cleaned well before your arrival.
Over all we had a fantastic time, and got fresh powder to ski on valentines day.
If you decide not to get a car, you can call the lodge and they will send you a shuttle to take you you to the main village center.
my biggest disappointment was that there was no wifi, and the owner had said we could access wifi from the nearby areas. I think the owners should get wifi because if you stay somewhere for a whole week, you wanna check you email and be in touch with the outside world.
we skied moon light and bridger bowl as well and loved them all. make sure you take the tram for great views. over all this place worked well for us.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank goCaspian
Reviewed 4 January 2009

We just returned from an awesome week in Big Sky, Montana. There were seventeen of us in total (including 9 kids) and we rented two Powder Ridge Cabins. They were billed as ski-in, ski-out. The ski-in part was good, no problem. Ski-out was more difficult as there was a pretty significant traverse to get to the lift--really difficult for kids with no poles. That said, however, the Summit hotel will send a shuttle up to take you to the base. Overall the units were very good, very spacious, nicely designed. They were a bit dark especially in the bedrooms. Kitchens were well-equipped. We were there during Christmas week, so it was expensive, but we had a fabulous time. Would I stay there again? Not sure. They were very nice, but I would consider other properties as well.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2007

We stayed in a three bedroom Powder Ridge Cabin (#1) during August, 2007 for one week. While we immensely loved the area and all the natural beauty it has to offer, there were definately some areas of improvement in terms of the resort.

The cabin itself was spacious and had a well stocked kitchen. It was nicely decorated and clean. There were clear directions on how to use the various electronics throughout the cabin. It was a good size for our 5 person family, and would accomodate up to 8 people. It had a hot tub outside, but the location of the hot tub was absolutely horrible. It was right next to the driveway and we had a clear view of all the street traffic at the nearby intersection. So everyone driving by also had a clear view of us. No privacy would be an understatement. I loved the view of the mountains, but I also saw huge gravel areas that looked like they were planned to be developed at some point. It was ugly to look at. My kids pointed out there were two abandoned pick up trucks in this area, but with windows open and absolutely overflowing with garbage. It wouldn't take much to tidy up these areas.

The cabins are a hike from the main lodge, shopping, and restaurants. It was too far for us to walk, so we had to drive down. Let me say that whoever designed the parking lot must have been on drugs. There was NO WHERE to park legally. I can't imagine what goes on during ski season.

There was a note in our cabin saying the cleaning service would be there every other day. They did show up and took away the garbage and refreshed the towels. I didn't notice if they changed the sheets are not. There was no other cleaning done.

We ate a number of meals at the restaurants in the main lodge. I found the food to be very average. I would highly recommend stocking up at a regular full service grocery store before coming. The resort has a small store but the prices are very expensive, which is typical for this type of service. Please keep in mind, there are no large grocery stores nearby Big Sky.

Even with the average accomodations, I did love the beauty of the area and the many outdoor activiites available. Big Sky Resort has the potential to be something great, rather than something average. I would love to see them suceed someday.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Boca2007
Reviewed 2 October 2006

rented a 3 bedroom cabin ( #4) and had a great stay. beautifully decorated and equiped with real wood burning fireplace (not the fake gas ones); very comfortable and convenient to hotel facilities--ie pool, dining, etc. We were there for a summer vacation but will go back for skiing this year.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)