“I wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else!”
Review of Buck's T-4 Lodge

Buck's T-4 Lodge
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Big Sky
New Haven, Vermont
“I wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else!”
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I just returned from a 6 night stay at Buck's T-4 Lodge and there aren't enough good things to say about it! As always before a trip I checked Trip Advisor to get advice on where to stay near Big Sky Ski Resort and took a chance with Buck's. After being in the area for 7 days I am so glad that I decided to stay there. While it isn't right on the mountain itself it is certainly close enough (the actual ski area is only about 6 miles up the mountain) and I personally enjoyed not being so close to all the nose and action. And the hotel itself was beyond my expectations. It is clean, comfortable, affordable, and the people who work there couldn't be friendlier. The breakfast, which is included in the price, was perfect...NOT the typical cold continental breakfast but a buffet of scrambled eggs, ham, bacon, hash browns, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, cereals...etc. The main lodge itself is warm and inviting with a huge fireplace, comfortable lounge chairs, a computer that is free to use and always fresh hot coffee when you want to help yourself. My room was very spacious as was the bathroom (unheard of!) and very clean. There is a hot tub for use after a day of skiing :) which stays open until 10:30 PM so you can eat and then relax before bed. The restaurant that is there is one of the best in the area. My son and I ate in the dining room the first night and the special was beyond words it was so good! Another night we tried out the pub and it didn't disappoint either. Apparently Buck's has a reputation for some of the best dinning in the area and I agree. If I am ever in the area again I will, without a doubt, stay here. Don't think twice. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank love2travel05472

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Anoka, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast is delicious! Rooms are clean, quiet, and relaxing! Rates are very reasonable!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sara55303
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I chose Buck's T-4 Lodge based on Trip Advisor reviews and the value on a lodging/airfare package. Buck's met or exceeded my expectations on most accounts. We had a quiet room on the top (second) floor with a nice view of the mountains. The room was spacious, included an updated bathroom with granite as well as a refrigerator. My only complaint about the room was the quality of the bed (the mattress was very low to the ground and not very comfortable and the bedding included only a sheet and a duvet).

As for the rest of the property, the location was good (a five-minute drive from Big Sky Ski Resort) and it included two large outdoor hot tubs. The property included a free buffet breakfast, which was OK, and the Buck's T-4 restaurant and bar. The decor of the restaurant and bar was nice, with a cabin/lodge-type feel. The food was decent (for a ski resort), however, I was sick after eating the ribeye steak for dinner. After reading another review, it appears that I wasn't the only one who got sick.

In summary, if you're looking for a good value for a hotel near Big Sky, you can't go wrong with Buck's T-4 Lodge. As for the restaurant, you are taking a chance (although other dining options in Big Sky (other than Andiamo) are not very good).

docbigsky, Owner at Buck's T-4 Lodge, responded to this review, 30 March 2011
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience during your recent trip with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will include us in your travel plans on your next trip to Big Sky. I know that beds are one of the most important parts of a hotel stay, and their upgrade is the very next thing we plan for in our hotel.

I'm sorry you experienced an illness during your stay. I want to assure you that we take food safety very seriously, and let you know what steps we take to ensure the highest quality. Our staff is Serv-Safe certified, our inspection scores are consistently among the highest in the county and our coolers and heating equipment are constantly monitored for proper operation. Preparation dates are consistently logged and temperatures are monitored at all times. We hand-cut our steaks daily from primal cuts so we have complete control of their quality. We know our purveyors well and choose them carefully.

I have shared your comments with our staff and we again reviewed our procedures. Thanks again for staying with us, and for sharing your experiences. Without this feedback from our guests, it is that much more difficult to maintain the high standards for which we have become known.

David O'Connor
Managing Partner
Eau Claire, WI
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Our two nights at Buck's T-4 Lodge were very nice. Our room was very comfortable for just the two of us. There is a microwave, small refrigerator, and coffee maker in the room. Also, we had a king size bed with a sofa and chair. The room met all our needs. The morning breakfast included in the room price was outstanding! The buffet was fresh and delicious. (no plastic ware or paper plates.) We had a fantastic dinner one night in the lodge restaurant. This place is definitely not to be overlooked when planning a trip in the Big Sky area.

Maple Shade, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Clean, spacious, and comfortable rooms with all modern amenities. Very friendly staff, great hot breakfast.

• Stayed March 2011
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Great facility, quiet and great staff. I'll stay there again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We stayed at Buck's T-4 Lodge while moving cross-country. The guy at the front desk upgraded us to the honeymoon suite. Pets were allowed for a 10 dollar fee. The restaurant was amazing. Our server was Karen and she was really nice. The organic trout and salmon bisque was to die for. My husband and I will definitely stay here again in the summer.