“Great place to take a break!”
Review of Whitewater Inn

Whitewater Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Big Sky
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We were driving from Glacier to Yellowstone and everything closer to the park was booked up so I took a chance (based on TripAdvisor reviews) and it was a great pick! My kids loved the heated pool & water slide and I loved the cozy hot tub! We drove up the mountain (Big Sky & Moonlight Basin ski resorts) to look around and eat then had a very pleasant night stay in our huge room- we had booked a 2 queen room and the manager upgraded us to a 2 queen room! Very nice- I would stay here again. We are here in the summer but this would be a really great budget choice for ski season too!

Room Tip: For a quieter room, ask for one away from the pool!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 April 2013

The hot tub had the best jets I have experienced. Really like getting a massage after a hard day skiing. Water slide is also really fun.

We had a very large room with two queens on the ground floor. Beds were extremely comfortable and had great comforters.

One complaint was the maintenance guy who runs around barefoot and in shorts (it was snowing) and looks like someone you would not meet in an alley at night. I complained about a guy who was passed out half in and half out of the hot tub, and he said its ok, he is just a little drunk. Next thing you know he got in with us! I thought he was a little creepy and it was definitely not professional. The gal who checked us in also liked to hang out in the breakfast area and watch tv at full volume. When I had breakfast she went to front desk so I muted the tv, she promptly came back and turned up the volume again.

I did not get the impression that the customer was important or valued.

Room Tip: Mention frequent skier card and get a substantial discount on room price.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fearlessmsla
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My husband and I found ourselves booked at this hotel by our clients that were booked up the hill at the more expensive lodges. Our first thought was great, they get the ritz, we get the crap. Not the case at all! The staff is wonderful, from the front desk to housekeeping the employees are professional, polite and very accommodating! The room was clean and the beds super comfortable. We loved the pool it was warm and the hot tub was hot. The water slide was a plus as it created a current we could swim against, much better than doing laps. If I could find one thing to change I would add a fruit selection to the breakfast. All in all a great experience!

Room Tip: Try not to stay next to the staircase, lots of activity on the stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank royaltycoach
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We met up with a couple of friends (and their families) and we all really enjoyed this hotel. The front desk (Phenn especially) made sure all of our needs were met and did everything she could to make sure we were happy. The housekeeping team was nice and professional and took pride in their work. The pool was nice and the slide was a lot of fun. The hot tub was great for soaking after a long day on the mountain. We brought our dogs, and there was a great spot for them just to the side of the hotel. We were all happy, and felt like it was a great price for what we got. Thanks!

Room Tip: Room 208 was a little larger then some of the other rooms, which was great for our two large dogs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank miciamso
Reviewed 23 November 2012

My friends and I booked this hotel because of its proximity to Big Sky-- the price was reasonable, but there was nothing "great" about the hotel. It had a cool pool with a water side, which I guess is good for kids, but we enjoyed the hot tub. The hotel was clean, safe, and offered a free (minimal) breakfast til 10am. For budget hotel, it did the job.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SarahJean22
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed here a couple of years ago (August 2010) while I was taking my niece to visit Yellowstone. It's a hotel room, much like any other, nothing spectacular, but comfortable enough. Our room had a view of the parking lot, but at least I could keep an eye on our rental car and there was a side entrance that was more convenient than using the main entrance at times. The staff was friendly. We stayed during the summer hours, which is off-season for this snow sport based resort town, so our rates were pretty cheap (through Hot Wire). It is about an hour from the entrance to Yellowstone Park, so be prepared for that, but it is a beautiful drive at least! At the time I was there, I found the selection in the Continental breakfast to be sadly lacking. There were some muffins, but lacking in flavor and seemed purchased in bulk from a box store or something. But if you're reallly there to see the park like I was, these are but small details. I'm sort of a traveler of low standards. I prefer to save money on the room (as long as it's clean with a bed and hot water, I'm happy) and spend my money doing things instead. So, as I said, it met our needs just fine.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Great hotel! We had a 3 queen room and loved it! Very large with lots of room to move around. The room had 2 air conditioners which was a good thing because the public areas of the hotel were quite warm. Great western decor, comfortable lobby and rooms. Kids loved the pool and slide. The housekeeping leaves a bit to be desired. Upon returning to our room after our first night, we had to ask for towels as housekeeping did not do our room. They did the next day. If you're in the area to visit Yellowstone, I'd think twice. While it's less than 50 miles to the west entrance of the park, it's a long drive, especially at night. We would stay here again if there weren't closer options.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family