“A fine Motel stay”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Big Timber
San Diego, California
“A fine Motel stay”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This is a very nice small motel. The room was large, immaculately clean and nicely decorated. The lighting over the beds was bright enough to read by which is uncommon these days with the low wattage bulbs now used everywhere. The motel owner checked us in and was very friendly. The WiFi was fast and there were lots of TV channels. The breakfast was adequate. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank patandjon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Gillette, WY
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We had a fair-sized trek from Oregon to Wyoming to relocate! The River Valley Inn was the cleanest, homiest, most reasonably priced place we stayed in. In fact, we have traveled across the U.S. twice this year and stayed in many places. River Valley Inn the was best all-around. There are fancier places to be sure, but you pay the price. They are off the road a bit so don't miss them.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vickie B
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Usually wary of small hotels but this one was nice. Clean rooms, our cats were okay to stay. Even had frig in room. Tv had cable services, directly across from gas station. Comfortable and clean bed. Better than Days inn we stayed at during our trip. Customer service was excellent.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank WFlower
Bishop, California
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The people at Big Timber River Valley Inn were great.
We checked in and asked about a place to eat and they recomended a few places. The one we ate at was great, just like they said it would be.
The room was clean.
The continental breakfast was good. It was better than some at the big chain hotels.
It was an all around good stay. I would recomend it to anyone looking for a clean freindly place.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
seattle
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Thin walls, noisy in the am, air conditioners in adjacent rooms vibrate the walls, minimal breakfast, not a good value for the $.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pergrino1
Hettinger
Reviewed 2 September 2008

Talk about amazing and excellent service, I totally enjoyed our stay! Same owners have owned the motel since opening day and you can tell they take pride in the upkeep of their establishment. For the most part it is family run and you get the feeling that they are welcoming you into their own home. Yes it is simple, no frills just a comfortable room, well lit, roomy, and super clean. I've stayed at many CHAINS that are quite frankly crap, and will never return. The desk clerk was willing to supply us with any extras we needed, they would even give us a blow dryer and iron, personally the ones most hotels put in their rooms are gross, you ever looked at them EWWW...
Talk about quiet the place was packed and hardly any noise was heard outside the room, slept great on a bed they got from a local carrier, they were nice I had to ask!!!! We had a nice healthy breakfast, nope no doughnuts sorry you don't need em anyhow!
The motel was two blocks from a gas station, so our departure was simple and very pleasent. Beautiful location, great advice and direction, even gave advice on what to do in Big Timber and surrounding areas, we saw their hidden treasure Called Natural Bridge, not on any map you'll have to ask them about it. I can't say enough good things about the hotel. Oh, and the owner makes wood products that he had on display, beautiful. We now have a log bedroom furniture set from him, what craftmanship again something you'll have to see for yourself. It was a rare gem, and we will be back many times!

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank stephjo93
North Dakota
Reviewed 2 September 2008

I am a small buisness owner that travels between North Dakota and Montana always trying to expand my buisness. For the past two years I have stayed in many hotels through out the area of Big Timber. Looking for quality of Hotel as well as wacthing my wallet. I Arrived in Big Timber late one night to find that the Hotel I normally stay right off the exit was full, So I drove into town about a half mile and came upon River Valley Inn, I entered the establishment to find that they had a room avalable for less than what I have been paying just a half mile away. In talking to the man at the counter I found that he was the owner of the hotel and he took the time to help me with my luggage and all of the items I needed to carry in, This is the first time that I have ever had the owner of a hotel actualy check me in but to help carry bags to the room. I will be swiching my stop times for now on so that I am staying at River Valley Inn when possible. When I woke up the Next morning I was amazed at the veiw of the mountains. they seemed to be so close that you could reach out and touch them.
once again my stay at the hotel was very nice and I recomend to anyone passing by to stay if you like a good veiw and great customer service with a peaceful night sleep.

• Liked — The customer service
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank MnMNorthDakota

Been to Big Timber River Valley Inn? Share your experiences!