“We had to leave!”

When in Rome
Ranked #6 of 55 Restaurants in Bigfork
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Mediterranean Restaurant. Serving Pizza Pasta and other Mediterranean dishes since 2010. Voted Best Pizza in Montana from Food Network Magazine. Local Fresh.
Whitefish, Montana
“We had to leave!”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Always wanted to try this place as they have gotten good write ups. Asked to sit at empty counter when we walked in and we were told to wait for the host. We ended up taking a table. Sat there for about 10 minutes with nobody coming to visit us. The table next to us had to ask for bread after some time. It look like a service disaster and we decided to leave. We as consumers work hard for our money and deserve a little extra treatment for spending it at your establishment. Maybe the food is great but we hadmay never know.

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank TravelGuyMontana

Kalispell, Montana
“ok (local eater)”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Food service is painfully slow. 2 hours for pizza and a salad. Our pizza came out overdone with the edges burned. I was allergic to an ingrediant in the caesar salad (and I eat them all the time). the cocoa powder on the tiramisu was overpowering. It felt like it was dumped on. Everytime I brought the spood toward my mouth I would inhale the cocoa powder and cough. Only 2 waitstaff working. Waitress hovered over me signing my bill on an electric pay type device to see what tip I was leaving. Give me Showthyme or Hops anyday! Tables are way too close together. Wait staff arrogant.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank zencowgirl
Kalispell, Montana
“Back on Top”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

When In Rome made its reputation on their excellent, paper-thin crust pizza. Over time, they expanded their menu to include authentic Italian dining in a sit-down setting. A little over a year ago they remodeled, creating a larger dining area and a small bar. Unfortunately bigger isn't always better and the expansion seemed to bring with it some major growing pains. We took out of town friends to dinner last summer and it was not pleasant. The service was slow, we were constantly jostled by wait staff trying to squeeze through the narrow isles, our order got messed up and the food was only mediocre, even the pizza was burnt. Had I reviewed them at that time I would have given them one circle. I purposely didn't, because I remembered how good they used to be and I figured they needed some time to work the kinks out.

Recently I dined in again and I am pleased to report that they have their mojo back! The service was very good and the food excellent. Granted, this isn't the height of summer, but they were at least three quarters full. Service everywhere was prompt and the kitchen was putting our meals in a timely manner. Overall a very pleasant experience. If I could change one thing, I'd suggest they keep their plates in a warmer. While the pizza was piping hot, the plates were pretty chilly. That's a minor quibble and no reason to pass them up. In fact, I'd recommend that when in Bigfork, try When in Rome.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank CodyCo
Bigfork, Montana
“montana italian outstanding!!”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

tables are a little close together, but the food is great.
the flavors are right from italy. food is served hot and with a smile from your server.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank rtgreenshields
Bigfork, Montana
“Best pizza in town!”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Forget Mooses and Scottibellis. This is the place to go for great pizza in the Valley. We ate here for the first time in the summer and it did not disappoint. The service was exceptional and friendly. I believe John or Jack? (can not remember his name sorry) was great and took amazing care of us. The joint is pretty small but it's worth the wait or making reservations, not sure if thy take them though.

• Visited December 2012