“Kehoe's Worth Your Time”
Review of Kehoe's Agate Shop

Kehoe's Agate Shop
Ranked #1 of 8 Shopping in Bigfork
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Spokane, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kehoe's Worth Your Time”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have had visited Kehoe's many times over the past several years. My last trip, the place was jammed with people. It was great to see a small business thrive. Does it overload the sales staff--at times--but it isn't negative. Actually part of the fun. I was looking for a special pair of earrings for my sister and was waiting my turn. Very eclectic--one couple was buying fossils for their grandchildren's birthday, a young man was picking out a present for his girlfried, and many others there to see what Kehoes is about. It is a family business that has been around for over 50 years, knowledgeable staff, and then enjoy finding the perfect item for you. Reading the comments that said "no one spoke to me".....I bet the situation may have been that they were already engaged with another customer. Go, enjoy, it is absolutely worth it. Jamie

Visited June 2014
2 Thank jamie h

Bristol, Virginia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Nice selection of rocks and crystals”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had read and seen many advertisements for this crystal shop so we knew we just couldn't visit the region and not make a stop. You wind through a residential area and at the dead end is the shop. When we walked in, no welcome as the two ladies continued their conversation and didn't greet us until they finished and we were asked if wanted to see anything in the cases. They had more jewelry and expensive pieces that had been polished. I was looking for unpolished, uncut original form crystals. There was quiet of bit of this here but rather expensive. We did buy two pieces of Pakistan Marble which had been made into a dish with a lid. Beautiful pieces. If you are into stone jewelry, than you will really love this place. I was in search of more crystals for my healing space.

3 Thank bodyhealer21
Charlottesville, VA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“What a wonderful find!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We saw an ad for Kehoe's in Kalispell, and called to check their hours--fortunately, we were driving through the area and they were open (they're closed on Sunday). It was quite busy when we were there, but we found the staff to be really knowledgeable and eager to help (but not pushy). We talked mostly to Logan, a delightful young man who's studying geology at MSU, and working at Kehoe's for the summer. He was a true enthusiast, really knew his stuff, and showed us several things that we wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Needless to say, we left with several marvelous things, including a little bag of wooly mammoth hair (!!). Their jewelry was also really lovely---ah, well, next time!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank emmajane7
Camano Island, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Kehoe's is a gem”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

You might think this is rock shop and it is but it is much more! My mother bought agate rings for my sister and myself over 50 years ago from Mr. Kehoe. This store is a Montana treasure and many native Montanans include a trip to Kehoe's when visiting the Flathead valley. You will find gemstones from around the world, Montana agates, sapphires mined in Montana, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings and fine jewelry too. It is a store you really have to see when in the area. Call ahead to confirm they are open but in general, the only day they may be closed is Sunday. Leslie Kehoe the daughter is now the owner with in-depth knowledge. It must have been an off day if the prior reviewer did not have a positive experience. I highly recommend stopping by if looking for a gift for yourself or something to take home from Montana.

1 Thank Robyn H
Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Incosiderate”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We saw signs for Kehoe's in Kalispell, so we drove an extra 25 miles (2 gallons of gas) only to find out they were closed on Sundays. There was no mention of their hours or being closed on Sundays on any of their signs, not even the one out at the end of their road. There was only a sign on the door of their shop. We never expected that on a July Sunday, at the height of tourist season, any shop in a tourist town would be closed.
Shame on you. Inform your customers instead of costing them money and time for nothing.

2 Thank OregonTraveltoes