“I truly loved this stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marina Cay Resort and Conference Center

Marina Cay Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bigfork
“I truly loved this stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We rented 325 east hill. The loft has two queen beds and a full bathroom. The main floor has two king beds, very comfortable and quiet to sleep in. The kitchen could use a little update, but the decor was in a Montana motif with wildlife mounts on the wall. Fully stocked kitchen. It has a small deck but a great view of flathead lake. We will definitely come back here. Well worth the money. Close to downtown big fork shopping, theatre and redtaurants.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Helena, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hotel has all of the needs for a vacationer. Resort is located right at the mouth of Flathead Lake. Beautiful place to stay and enjoy Bigfork Montana. Everything is so easy to walk to.
Cannot go wrong staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

After reading other reviews, I guess we were one of the lucky ones. We stayed 5 nights and would definitely go back. We stayed in #152 in the Waterfront building. The beds were comfortable, they had movies to watch, a book exchange and the location was great. We were sitting right on the water. Every morning we would take our coffee out on the lawn and enjoy the beautiful view on the bay. It almost added a living room to the room to have the front lawn there.
The BBQ was out our door, so we would use that every evening.
It's also a short walk to downtown Bigfork. We heard this summer that a new Brewery will open that is also walking distance.
Jess made us a huckleberry martini in the Tiki Bar that was excellent that we would highly recommend!!
Our kids liked renting the paddle boards. They have kayaks and canoes too that we didn't use.
We heard that this room has had a lot of upgrades, maybe that's why our time was better there. The staff was great to us.
We enjoyed out time in Bigfork. The Raven has great fish tacos, Show Thyme and Bigfork Inn are great for fine dining and if you want to have a good pizza go to When in Rome or Village Roost.
We even had Sushi and enjoyed it..Pocketstone was the hit for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I rated this very good due to the great service provided by all resort employees we interacted with during our stay. The cost to stay leads you to believe you are staying in a plush resort and will have pampered bedding, bath, etc. but I was disappointed. I wouldn't go back unless we were given a discounted rate, which we were on this trip. The Tiki Bar and the casino have odd hours, closing early on a Friday and Saturday evening, but the employees that work there are great and take customer service seriously. The Sunday Brunch Buffet is $18, we got a discount but I would've paid full price for an excellent meal from prime rib, eggs benedict, bourbon carrots, cook to order omelets, etc. Just don't get your hopes up for anything spectacular at the resort and you will not be disappointed, just expect what you would from an almost above average hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the courtyard and having the hot tub and ice machine just across the yard was very conv...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MTflyer
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed at Marina Cay for 5 nights early this month. We rented a 2-bedroom suite in Hill East. The room itself was beautiful and quite comfortable, expect for the bed which appeared to be taken from a dormitory. My major gripe was that only 2 very, very thin hard pillows were provided. The "fully-stocked" kitchen had many pots and pans, but no tin foil, Tupperware, plastic bags--nothing to actually put food in after it was cooked. If my review as based solely on the room it would be a 4.5--certainly recommended.
However, the rest of the property is sub-par. There were never enough towels at the pool so you had to sit right on the chairs and air dry which is so easy to fix that I wonder why they wouldn't invest on this upgrade now. The bathrooms in the lodge are definitely outdated and had an interesting odor about them. Despite being advertised, there was no fitness center--not even a treadmill. The Sunday brunch looked and tasted cheap. The boat rentals were, at minimum, $85.00 per hour which made spending more than one afternoon on a boat unreasonable. Finally, they were generally understaffed in all areas.
With that being said, the staff they did have was FANTASTIC. Brian the GM of the bar/restaurant was great. Jess the mixologist was a gem. Every employee interaction I had was a good one. It is true when they say you are paying for the location because it is beautifully located on Big Fork Bay and a 25 minute walk to downtown Big Fork.
The staff, location, and quality of the specific room I stayed in saved the Marina Cay from a poor review and brought it to slightly above average.

Room Tip: There are stairs everywhere so if you have difficultly with stairs--make sure you mention that to ge...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Leslie_Venetz
Missoula, Montana, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I staying two nights. Upon arrival for check-in I was booked into a room with one bed after I had reserved a room with two queen beds. Not such a big deal and could obviously forgive that the desk clerk had made an honest mistake. The room with the one queen bed was beautiful and I almost wished I could have stayed in that room. Upon entering my new room which I reserved the sight was not so pleasant. The carpet in the room was filthy and stained. The room smelled of must or possibly cigarette smoke, the wooden blinds on both windows were filthy with at least 3 inches of dust, there was garbage under the beds from the previous guest, no directory to anything that the resort offers in the room, sheets are thin and worn, beds are hard and the springs are squeaky and old, the pillows are flat and very uncomfortable, the shower head sprays all over the bathroom, and today when the housekeeping staff entered the room they gave me fresh towels, somewhat made the beds but did not empty the trash cans, provide new coffee, or do any other cleaning up what so ever. The property truly is beautiful and I wish that I had better things to say about my room because i have heard raves about Marina Cay and was very excited to finally stay but at this point I'm really just anxious to get checked out of here in the morning. I'm extremely disappointed that I spent the amount of money I spent on a room like this when I could have easily stayed somewhere else in the area for the same price or probably better and had a much nicer room. I stayed in room 137 in the courtyard.

Andrea Graves
Missoula, MT

Room Tip: Don't stay in 137 in the court yard
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Andrea G
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

This is the second time my wife and I stayed at Marina Cay and if I have a chance to go to Big Fork again I am sure we will stay here again. The service is very good and the rooms are always immaculate. Last time we stayed here we stayed on the ground floor of the waterfront building and this year we stayed on the second floor of the same building. I would recommend the ground floor if you can get it because you walk right out of your room onto a beautifully kept lawn. On the second floor we had a nice balcony.

This truly is a beautiful place to stay with tons of fun things to do right here.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bigfork
BEST WESTERN PLUS Flathead Lake Inn and Suites
#3 of 9 in Bigfork
Meadow Lake Resort
Meadow Lake Resort
#1 of 4 in Columbia Falls

Been to Marina Cay Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!