“Weeks before the wedding they inform us they are double booked!!!”
Review of Swan River Inn

and 1 more site!
Swan River Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Bigfork B&B and Inns
Memphis TN
“Weeks before the wedding they inform us they are double booked!!!”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Title says it all. We understand you are looking to make a dollar from a wedding party, but that is why you take a deposit not just realize 8 weeks out that you have another wedding. Plans are made, plane tickets are purchased and $&!T is ordered. I guess they are either too concerned with making a dollar or just plain unorganized.

I'm sure the rooms are great; we are not able to go now because there is a scramble to find another location. For future love birds, if your wanting to schedule a wedding party here please have a backup plan.

Sorry Jamie.
Joe

common courtesy would suggest

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joe D
SwanRiverInn, Public Relations Manager at Swan River Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for your comment, we are sincerely apologetic for any inconvenience. We will be revamping our reservations system to make sure that this does not happen again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 29 November 2012

When you spend the kind of money this place demands, you expect things to be perfect. The night we arrived to stay at "The Orient Express", we had bad directions, no TV, no wireless service and a room that just wasn't ready for occupancy. In the daylight, the property looked like it had been converted from an old, run-down shed. It is horribly mis-managed and overpriced. And if you don't like it once you get there......tough. You're not getting any sympathy or money back from these folks. They have absolutely no idea how to deal with the public.

The only reason I gave it a rating of "one" is because "zero" wasn't an option.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KCTiger75

Travellers are raving about these Bigfork hotels

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I stayed here in August 2012 with 4 other family members who all decided to meet here for a mini-reunion. Our group occupied three different rooms. None of us had a bad experience of any kind, other than the loud bachelor party returning to their room each morning. This is out of the owner's control so it doesn't effect my review. The rooms were all clean. The Tuscan Suite is amazing. Beautiful furnishings, full kitchen, large dining room table, fireplace, two bedrooms, two full bathrooms and a patio overlooking Flathead lake. The master suite has a beautiful copper bathtub in it. The Tuscan Suite was the perfect gathering spot for the entire family. The Leather and Lace room was also beautiful and very large with a fireplace and sofa in the room along with a king or queen bed. I stayed in the Art Deco room which was the smallest of the three rooms and rather dark with dark purple walls, but had a nice bathroom with tile and two queen beds. The pictures of the rooms on their website are different than how the rooms looked when we stayed in them. I think the Inn has just undergone a rennovation, and with great results. Everyone in our group agreed that we would stay here again. If you like very modern this might not be your place. But if you enjoy beautiful antique pieces of furniture and a bit of authenticity, you will most likely enjoy it. The owner was very nice and even kept the bar open upstairs for us one evening when were were the only people there. Don't be discouraged by the bad reviews, give it a try for yourself.

Room Tip: The Tuscan Suite on the street level is amazing!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Brooke A
Thanks for your review! We loved having you and hope to see you again! ;)
California
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Greeted with "here's the key, there's the room". Wedding the first night and a live band played until 11:30 pm. Our bedroom walls shook. When I went upstaires and talked with the owner, she basically said, that's the way it is, the band will be playing until 11:30. No local information offered, no internet password offered, TV reception fuzzy, coffee maker dirty, bath amenities partially used, Trust previous comments and do not stay here.

Room Tip: Better lake experience in Lakeside.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JAMAG
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This bed-and-breakfast style inn is in a great location right off Flathead Lake, has two potentially great patios and a nice dining area, but needs some serious work. It seems to be mis or under-managed. The Inn seems to be about 1/2 finished or 1/2 torn apart, and decorative choices have the feel of "clutter" with a side of "charm", with clutter winning out. We had the "Leather and Lace" room, which also has potential, with log-detailed walls (with a need for a coat of paint on the stuco parts), and a really cool "brick" shower. Some of the hangings on the wall just didn't fit - a few leather jackets hanging on display. The king sized bed was very comfy. The portable A/C unit had dead batteries in the "remote unit." It cooled off anyway, so didn't need to use it. **The great potential here is the roof/patio, viewing over the lake to the west (think SUNSETS) but they are in desperate need of attention and are obviously not being used (at the time of our stay). I hope Margarit gets the help and funding she needs to make this place as great as it has the potential to be. I would not recommend this place to friends until it is finished.

Room Tip: Ask if the rennovations are complete before booking
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cyndi C
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I was so disapointed when my husband and I drove into Bigfork and I saw this hotel. I will never stay here again. The photos on the internet were not what I saw upon entering the room. The room smelled musty. The smoke alarms and sprinklers were in disrepair and missing. Door had gaps underneath and did not close properly. Paint was peeling in several areas. The advertisment stated there would be a flat screen tv...there was an old tv with no remote and no reception. In the bathroom there was "used" lotion and shampoo containers. Cracks in bathroom need caulking. Carpet needed to be cleaned. I was grossed out to stay in this room and very disapointed at the price we paid for it. We walked around the town of Bigfork and my heart sank when I saw lots of other places that were beautiful we could have stayed. I can't imagine anyone with any standards enjoying this poor excuse for a hotel.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else in this lovely town except here.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank karen T
Bigfork, Montana
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I want to share with you about our experience at the Swan River Inn. I wish that I had read some of the reviews on here before my husband and I booked our honeymoon suite. To be completely honest, it was one of the worst experiences that we have ever had as a married couple in any kind of retreat.

We booked the Geisha Suite well in advance at a rate of $165. When we arrived to check in Margarit mentioned that she didn't know the price that she had quoted us originally, and I mentioned $165, and she said since she had quoted that she would honor it. She stated that it's a good thing that I remembered, because we were entering the summer season and the rates were going up by $100 dollars per night. The room was very nicely decorated and looked just as it did in the pictures. At first we were really happy with our choice to stay there.
The room was nice, but the jetted tub (which was part of a "selling point") wasn't working at all.

The first morning that we woke up, some worker and what appeared to be a couple with her, came to the room and unlocked the door and began to open the door without even knocking! It seemed like the worker was going to show the room to the couple.
My husband and I were both unclothed, so (needless to say) it was both embarrassing and quite unnerving, fortunately we stopped them from completely coming in. Obviously there must have been a HUGE oversight in management to neglect to indicate that this room was NOT vacant, as well as to make it a policy to ALWAYS knock before entering a room. This made the rest of the morning quite rushed to get out as quickly as possible, since this made us feel like we were an inconvenience (even though it was quite a while before the required check-out time). We didn't even want to stay to enjoy a nice breakfast in town or take our time walking around, we wanted to leave as soon as possible.
When we relayed all these events to management, it was strugged off as "no big deal" -- not even an apology. ON OUR HONEYMOON NO-LESS! This again reflects poorly on trying to make guests feel welcome and comfortable. Instead, we have never considered the Swan River Inn again as an option, nor do we recommend it to anyone who might inquire. Years later, we received an ad in our email from Swan River Inn to visit them again. We replied to the email, detailing our experience. No response. This all actually happened in June of 2008.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bigfork
Marina Cay Resort and Conference Center
#5 of 9 in Bigfork
Islander Inn
Islander Inn
#3 of 9 in Bigfork

Been to Swan River Inn? Share your experiences!