“Not quite what I expected, but very nice”

Bigfork Mountain Lake Lodge
Ranked #4 of 9 Bigfork B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 October 2010

The location is amazing, and the main lodge is quite beautiful! The staff were very friendly and helpful. And yet, I felt like I was staying at a large chain hotel, when I had hoped to have more of a cozy, welcome-to-our-property feel. No breakfast was available, which we didn't mind so much as we wanted to get out and see the area. But our stay was very nice, and the view was beautiful. The bed was scrumptious, and the staff (whom we only encountered upon check-in) were very sweet and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 September 2010

My boyfriend and I were traveling through the Rockies - and on our way to Whitefish, we stopped in Bigfork for lunch (what a sweet, quaint town). We were heading up to Banff after a few days in the Glacier area and hadn't planned on stopping back in the area on our way back down but Bigfork was so nice and so relaxing that we decided to stop by again in a week. So we happened to stop at a small grocery store and noticed Mountain Lake Lodge - and we stopped in to see what they might have available the following week when we returned from Canada. They were pretty booked that day but allowed us to walk around the property and even allowed us to view one of their empty rooms so we'd have an idea of what they looked like. We ended up booking a different room than what we saw (although what we saw was lovely too). But we wanted a better view of the lake and the sunset so we took a room that overlooked that. We only stayed one night and wished we could have stayed longer. Everything was perfect and relaxing and welcoming. We ate on the premises at the small bar & grill under the restaurant. We chose to sit outside because it was beautiful out and the sun was starting to set. We just had burgers/fries and yet, the chef came outside to talk with us for a few mins and make sure that we were enjoying our meal (and our view).
I highly recommend this place. We are so glad that we just happened to find it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunshine32859
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We had a beautiful suite with an incredible view of the courtyard, infinity pool, & lake beyond. It was very roomy & beautiful with a rustic decor. Everything was great, although I think I was allergic to something in the bedroom (dust?, although it didn't look dusty). The food in the restaurant was excellent. A great Splurge experience. (Note: no elevator for 2nd floor.)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2010

We stayed in the King suite w/full kitchen. It is a very large suite. My husband and I were traveling with our teenage daughter and there was plenty of room for everyone to have their space. Large sliding glass doors open up to a huge deck with a lake and mountain view. The master bed was very comfortable. It had 1 1/2 baths and plenty of closet space. I felt safe leaving the sliding glass doors open at night even though it is air conditioned, the fresh, cool air felt great. The swimming pool and hot tub were conveniently located and the grounds were immaculate. They have laudry facilities and restaurants. Unfortunately we made reservations late and we had to move to another lodge for the second half of our trip : ( I am very picky & I really liked this lodge!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank choosecarefully
Reviewed 23 June 2010

This was our second time staying here and again we really enjoyed ourselves. We take advantage of the winter special and just come up for the weekend to relax... no matter the weather, it's always nice on the lake especially when you have a fireplace, in room jacuzzi and outdoor hot tub. Food is adequate and service is great. Room is very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigSkyTripper
Reviewed 14 May 2010

We stayed 2 nights there and had a wonderful experience while visiting Glacier National Park and the Flathead Valley area. During our visit we didn't have the opportunity to try out the restaurants, but our room was clean, comfortable and the view from the balcony was awesome. Highly recomment it.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ja81th
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I am ashamed that I didn't write this review 7 months ago and I have no excuse, however, I hope better late than never. I had a post on here last September just prior to our last visit to MLL and I wasnt very pleased with the increase in prices. When we arrived, we were greated at the front desk by Justin, who made us feel completely welcome, and the extra amenities were very much appreciated. (The staff were taken care of as a result) Everyone, and I mean everyone, went out of their way to take care of us. We completely enjoyed Riley's and our server was great......I cant remember her name,but we did visit her at her second job at the ice creme store in Big Fork. I said in the previous post how nice the facilities are.....room, fireplace, jacuzzi, view, balcony, etc so wont repeat that. The ONLY thing that was a problem this time was the temperature of the pool..........burrrrrrr......way too cold for us. We will be back this Fall.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tobigal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bigfork
Marina Cay Resort and Conference Center
#5 of 9 in Bigfork
Timbers Motel
Timbers Motel
#2 of 2 in Bigfork

Been to Bigfork Mountain Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!