“Best breakfast!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bigfork
Candlewycke Inn B&B
Ranked #2 of 9 Bigfork B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2013

If you like staying in B&B's, then You will love Candlewyke Inn. Part of the fun is staying in unique settings and meeting fellow travelers. Megan has clearly put her heart into this venture and as such the rooms and common areas reflect her love of antiques and nostalgia. The teddy bears are a bit on the "too much" side for me especially as she is catering to an adult clientele but the inn is her "baby". The rooms are spacious, beds very comfortable and the food is fabulous. Lots of local and organic ingredients. Megan also gave us great advice on shopping for cherries, huckleberry products and the down outlet! If we make it back to glacier we will definitely stay here AND make it in time for dinner.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hummarock122

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I am not a big fan of B & B's in general, but we made reservations here when a neighboring hotel was full. The room was comfortable, with a good king sized bed, but decor was kitschy - lots of dried flowers, teddy bears, etc. Once you get past that, it was a nice stay. Megan is a very good host; she provides lots of information on things to do and will help you make arrangements. Food was very good, including dinner at $30/head. Don't expect much over the basics, but it was all well-prepared. Her wine list needs improvement, but you can bring your own. All in all, I would recommend it to people who like B & B's; personally, I'll book farther ahead next time and go to a hotel!

Room Tip: Our room was right off the dining room - ask about location.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed at Candlewycke Inn this past week with friends and have to say, Megan and Staff are spectacular.
Wine Parings with Gourmet Dinners and deserts to Die for. Wild Deer in the manicured Yard, Montana Sunsets, and Blue Blue Skies.
One of the nicest B and B's I have ever visited. Beautiful 7500 sq. ft lodge with large Private cozy rooms with Bed's that called you back if you tried to get up early! Booked again next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is a very nice B&B in a great location. The rooms are very nice, everything is spolless and the grounds are beautifull. I only had one small complaint - We arrived in the afternoon as instructed by the owner/operator but upon arrival we saw no one or heard no one untill the next morning. They was a sign with our name on it with instructions and the house was open. It just felt creepy walking into someones place and sleeping in their place and not meeting anyone. It was like we were staying in a big empty house by ourselfs and we felt very very uncomfortable untill the next morning. In spite of this - we came to know the owner and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jodale
Candlewycke Inn B&B, Owner at Candlewycke Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

I appreciate your concerns about a "SELF CHECK-IN" location however it was never set up for anyone to feel "creepy". I decided years and years ago that I either had to dictate an arrival time for guests or allow them the freedom of checking - in at their leisure. It's one of the most consistent compliments I receive that no one is trapped into a time frame . I also need time to shop and make personal appointments which the process I have in place allows me. Plus having a full house the night you reserved, I had hoped you wouldn't feel uncomfortable. I do send out confirmation letters with instructions to use the WELCOME BOARD directions to your room so to not alarm anyone. Plus I do come up to the main Inn a number of times to try and catch new guests but everyone that night was either out dining, at the playhouse or in their rooms. I don't knock on doors to introduce myself or disturb anyone. Meeting new guests at breakfast is the most respectful of their vacation time and schedule. I hope this experience will assist you with other B&B's that have similar procedures.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We needed a place to unwind for a few days after a world wind tour of Glacier National Park for 5 days and the Candlewycke Inn was the perfect place for a little TLC by Megan the owner of Candlewycke. Our room the Glacier was perfect for us with a perfect arrangement of mountain furniture and a great large Jacuzzi. The room was large and very clean. Megan cooked us a great dinner and the breakfast meals were wonderful. Watching the deer in the backyard was also a special treat. We will definitely come back if we get back to Big Fork. Thanks Megan for a wonderful visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Me and my bf went on our first trip and Candlewycke didn't disappoint us instead it surprised us in many ways! The room looks even nicer than the pictures on line and Megan is the best host! She is such a caring and loving person who helps with anything. We would definitely go back on our next trip and perhaps on our anniversaries! Great place great service great host gives you the greatest memories! Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed at the Candlewycke Inn for four nights during our honeymoon in the Glacier National Park area. Very tranquil atmosphere-- our bed was incredibly comfortable & the room was very clean and quite big. The best part, though, was the breakfast! Megan really goes all out and there was something totally different each day. We would definitely come back and stay at the Candlewycke Inn again next time we head to the Flathead Lake area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bigfork
Marina Cay Resort and Conference Center
#2 of 2 in Bigfork
Flathead Lake Resort
Flathead Lake Resort
#5 of 9 in Bigfork

Been to Candlewycke Inn B&B? Share your experiences!