“A Great Montana Cabin Experience!”
Review of Swan Lake Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bigfork
Swan Lake Cabins
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was so excited when I found these cabins in my search for an authentic Montana escape. I had high hopes for what the experience would be and I was not disappointed. Linda and Charley have a beautiful property and great location and my cabin was exactly what I hoped it would be!

I stayed in the Bear's Den cabin. What I love (well, one of the many things) is the location of the cabin. Each cabin is separated from the others by trees. So there's a measure of privacy and a sense of having your own space. There's a fire pit in the yard with wood provided. I had a brand new gas grill on the porch which worked like a charm. Plates, utensils, cooking tools, glasses, can opener, napkins, dishwashing liquid, etc. are provided. I needed a pot to cook some things in and Linda and Charley gladly provided one. They are very accommodating! Another thing I loved was that the inside of the cabin was really clean and nicely appointed. The furniture is of rustic design, made of chunky wood to match the log cabin feel. The bed was very comfortable, not too firm or soft. There's baseboard electric heaters, if needed. The bathroom was perfect in size and function. The water pressure was very good. Everything in the cabin was perfect for me. There was a really nice porch swing for enjoying the quiet evenings and a couple of picnic tables to sit at in the yard. There's lots of literature to look over in the cabin that gives an idea of what to do and see in the area. Linda and Charley were also good resources on the area.

I was pretty lucky the few days I stayed there because it was early in the season and the other cabins weren't occupied during that time. So I got to have breakfast (which was very well prepared) with Linda and Charley a couple times and get to know them. Such great people and very happy to share their experiences and advice on what to do and see in the wilds of Montana.

The town of Bigfork is very close by and Glacier National Park is about 45 minutes away. Very convenient for my excursions in that area. I can't recommend these cabins enough! They are spectacular!! I'll definitely visit them again when I get back to Montana.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Pogo1492

Reviewed 30 October 2013

5 wonderful cabins, each with their own personality, nestled in the forrested hills at Swan Lake. We spent 4 nights in the Cowboy Cabin and it felt like coming home every evening. Peaceful and cozy. This is a great location from which to explore the beautiful Bigfork area, Flathead Lake and Glacier National Park. Owners Charlie and Linda know how to make you feel welcome and also give you all the privacy you wish. The most comfortable beds! The kitchen area is small, but workable with everything we needed to put together simple meals. Just say yes - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask Llinda and Charlie to recommend a cabin. Each one has a different theme. Cabin 1 is a bit bigger...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

They say a honeymoon is a once in a lifetime event. We were fortunate to have our dreams fulfilled staying at the Hummingbird house on the property of Swan Lake Guest Cabins, near Bigfork, MT. We were welcomed by the most magnificent proprietors, Linda and Charlie. It is our impression that they would make any guest feel welcome at their scenic retreat. As you drive up from highway 83, you see a property filled with beautiful trees, and the perfect secluded Montana wilderness feeling. Putting the key into the door of the Hummingbird house, you have the feeling of a real home, not a rental. The panoramic views looking out from their large picture windows and decks looks out across the beautiful swan lake to the Mission mountain range. The first floor, with its large and well appointed kitchen and spacious dining area (with outstanding views) immediately makes you feel like you want to stay forever. There is one bedroom and full bath on the first floor. The first floor alone would be worth the price of admission, but then you walk upstairs to this wonderful family room with spectacular views from both inside and from the deck, as well as 2 more bedrooms and another full bath. Throughout the house, loving care has been put into every detail. It is like a dream home inside and out. We would recommend this highly. There are 3 reasons: First, the most basic - the entire house was immaculate and comfortable. Second, the property was extremely well-managed by a very caring, warm couple. And third, it is just simply beautiful. It was a dream come true for our honeymoon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RickandLisa2013
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My wife and I were the first guests at Swan Lake Cabins and we were not disappointed. Very nice, quiet, and clean place. The hosts really made our stay memorable. The cabins are centrally located near Glacier NP, Flathead Lake, the National Bison Range, and remnants of ancient Lake Missoula.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fdbrumbl
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We were lucky to find Swan Lake Guest Cabins after our other plans fell through. From the moment we arrived at the Cabin we felt at peace and were in awe of the beauty of this place. Our cabin was wonderful and so much more than I envisioned. It was so nice to sit around the campfire in the evenings with my family and relax after we had eaten our dinner outside on the picnic table. Mornings were wonderful drinking our coffee on the front porch listening to the birds chirp and the other animals play. The owners Charlie and Linda really made us feel welcome and even joined us for wine a couple nights while we were there. I will definitely be returning to their cabins in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MichaelCW
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My sister-in-law and I recently stayed at the Swan Lake Guest Cabins for the memorial service of an uncle. It would be impossible to say enough nice things about these lovely little cabins. Everything was spotlessly clean and in perfect condition. The only sounds were those of a million birds and the gentle rain on the metal roof during the night. It was gorgeous and restful. It was a wonderful stay in an idyllic setting.

Room Tip: Everything was clean and comfortable. Our room had both a queen-sized bed and a futon. Both were ver...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family