“BBQ Ribs on the deck! Highlight of our vacation to MT!”
Review of Bigfork Inn

Bigfork Inn
Ranked #15 of 57 Restaurants in Bigfork
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2014

While on a trip to Montana from New Orleans, my husband and I stopped in for a nice night on the patio overlooking the quaint town of Bigfork. The restaurant is truly the centerpiece of the town, a historic lodge. After wandering through the authentic spaces of the dance floor, bar, and dining room, we were seated on the deck in the middle of the busy dinner rush quickly and smoothly.

Allie our server was delightful and gave us great recommendations. After helping us pick out a wine from the extensive list, she suggested the BBQ Ribs to my husband and the pairing was perfect. The BBQ sauce, she explained, is made in house! YUM! They were so flavorful, juicy, and tender...they really did fall off the bone! She helped me chose the Mediterranean Salmon Salad after I explained a gluten intolerance I have developed. She said I could be easily accommodated with many menu items and went through each of them with me. Fresh romaine lettuce, capers, kalamata olives, and balsamic dressing, topped with a flakey piece of grilled salmon, the salad was perfect.

Fruits of the Forest Pie and coffee rounded out a lovely evening watching the sunset over Bigfork Bay on Flathead Lake...one of the best nights out of our vacation!

2  Thank Lan D

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Four of us had dinner at the Big Fork Inn on 14 June and it was awful.
The chicken noodle soup was tasteless. My friend's rack of ribs was covered with a brown slime and pronounced the worst piece of meat he had ever had. His wife's salmon was dry and tasteless. My wife's schnitzel was OK but the vegetables were "absolutely disgusting." My daily special of seafood linguini had an odd taste. Each of these main courses were served with totally inappropriate spaghetti squash which was cold and bland.
The service was slow...over two hours for two courses.
We will not be returning!

1  Thank John W
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We went in winter. Getting a reservation was not a problem. We enjoyed the food. We especially enjoyed the wait staff. Lots of fun.

2  Thank KatQ2u
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The interior is cosy and nice, feels more like a big living room somewhere in southern Germany or Austria. The service was friendly and attentive, food was nice, too. But the portions were on the very small side and even a main course was little.

1  Thank PeteJaffray
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I am writing this review in behalf of our group which consist of 5 to 14 people been going to the plays and bigfork in for 25 years. our recent trips had 6 people. finished our meal and were ready to calculate our tips as my wife carries a card then we noticed the had already put it on when complaining boss got stiff necked and said it was ,my idea and no apology. first time this has ever happened. I wrote to them and no apology other stores heard of our plight and said don't let this keep you from coming to bigfork. I think because we were such a good group they thought why not stick to us. the service wasn't that good had to beg for water. baked potato over cooked to the point of nothing inside. another one was cold. au jus thick as molasses prime rib real fatty. salads lacking more vegetables . what is so funny is that the next Friday we went to a different restaurant so the bigfork inn lost a sale and sadly to say (THE MISSED OUT ON A TIP THE VERY THING THEY LOVE) isn't that a hoot I guess carma is live and well. what I don't understand is how do they know ahead of time that they are going to give you 18% service and quality I know we didn't get it . it should be up to the customer. I know when she took our that it was not a task as we all had been there many times and knew what we wanted. in fact when she came to me I rattled it off without her asking anything and she said that was easy so she charge us a fee for easy. I don't recommend going to this restaurant at this time the owners don't seem to care from my experience and we have been so loyal without complaining.

4  Thank pete p

Been to Bigfork Inn? Share your experiences!