“Delicious detour”

Cuisines: American
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Delicious detour”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We took a detour off 35 on our way up to Glacier National Park, to catch a quick dinner before everything shut down for the night. Ended up staying over an hour taking in the delicious food and perfectly laid back ambience. We tried the prime rib burger (A+), chicken pot pie (A++), Salmon (A++), elk stew (A++). Service was good....and the decor well suited to the fares on offer. Especially appreciated that the hostess took our party of 8 a little before closing and never made us feel rushed. If we ever cross Big Fork again this will surely be our deliberate detour!

2 Thank Sanchari S

“Fantastic Restaurant”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband, myself and my 2 girls (11 and 5) came across this restaurant after looking for a family friendly place to eat on a busy Friday night in July. We loved the atmosphere as soon as we walked in, and the waitress was great. The food was hands down the best food we had in all 7 days of staying in Bigfork. We had the trout, elk stew, salmon and a burger. If we didn't have to fly back home the next day, we would have eaten there a second night in a row. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Cassieholt
Lake Jackson
“Amazing! Local done right!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and boys (9 and 11) came based on other reviews and were NOT disappointed. Concept based on what would have been "local" 100 years ago leads to rich Elk stew, trout with spinach from a local farm, spare ribs from the lower Valley and chicken pot pit with flaky crust and big chunks of vegetables with tender dark meat. All great flavors and accompanied by a generous fresh biscuit. High kudos for the clever cocktail names - I loved my huckleberry vodka lemonade concoction. We will be back when life brings us back to Montana.

2 Thank Stephanie H
Charlotte
“Incredible food and great prices”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were on vacation and heard about The Spur and read the reviews. I had the best, freshest stuffed trout that I have ever eaten. It was stuffed with fresh spinach, tomatoes and sauteed onions. My husband had the elk stew which he said was very good. The food was so good that we decided to eat there the next night to try the Old Fashioned Burger which was incredible. The burger was a mixture of lean ground beef and buffalo. I am going to try to duplicate this burger for our 4th of July gathering. We will definitely visit The Spur again on our next Montana trip.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank HaveLadyWillTravel
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great dining experience!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Had dinner here with a business partner and friends. Was amazed by the quality and substantial portions of the food--and the reasonable prices. This is Montana-style farm to table comfort food done right. I would highly recommend it for anyone--local or visiting.

• Visited June 2014