“Beautiful park”
Review of Billings KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Billings
Billings KOA
Reviewed 31 August 2013

One of the nicest KOA's we've been to. Large pull-through sites, nice landscaping, dog park, etc. I just wish they'd implement an adult section separate from the children's section because these kids SCREAM and YELL all the time!! Very disturbing. Also, if they are going to have printed rules, they should abide by them. The rules say no washing of vehicles, yet after I saw two people washing their trucks and asked a workcamper, I was told it was ok.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Billings KOA

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed at the KOA in Billings on the weekend of Aug 23-Aug 25. We booked and paid for a deluxe patio site for $ 75.00. There was suppose to be a patio, swing, table, and fire pit. Yes we got the patio which was smaller then our RV's bathroom with a broken, unsafe, and unusable swing. But, then the best part of it all was the horrible, awful, gross, disgusting smell of the sewer. That must not have been dumped in quite a long time. Out of respect for the poor people three feet a way from us we chose not to use our sewer hookup that was right next to their table. YUM! We were unable to enjoy our site at all. The smell was over powering. The staff was very rude. Tried to talk with them about issue and was ignored. Give your nose a rest and stay some where else.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicki M
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Very clean KOA, but there were some issues. Pool was closed, wifi did not work at all, and you are so packed in like sardines that it is hard to maneuver a truck and trailer around. I would be willing to stay again, but I would probably try it again in the "off season" when they first open for the season or just before they close for the season.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

When I puled in I was told that I had reserved a "delux" site that was $75. I have stayed at a number of KOA's this year and I never reserve a "Delux" site. The park was full so I was stuck. Instead of the $52 rate I should have been charged I was charged $75. But it gets better. The Deluxe site had a patio, swing and picnic table and the girl at check in said it had a great view. But, the patio was a concrete strip that the swing and table barely fit on. The swing was about as old as the park (1962), the table was older than the swing. And the view. It was not bad. But then directly across from the site were tent camping sites. And they allow large rental trucks towing other stuff to park in the grass in front of their sites. You guessed it, a huge rental truck showed up. There went the view. So in addition to being overcharge by a switch of the sites, everything that were to be the pluses on the site were not. Will never stay here and the next time I am in Billings I hope to see you at another park.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KegMaster
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We made a reservation on the KOA website for a Deluxe pull thru site and received an email confirmation and noted pulling a trailer.
Upon arrival we were told that they didn't have a site as reserved and then proceeded to argue and become arrogant !!
At $ 85 a night to plug in and at KOA's flagship example campground what a bunch of unappreciative arrogant jerks!!!
Go elsewhere other than Billings and enjoy your stay !!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Steve48Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed at Billings KOA in June 2013. The front desk staff (turned out to be the owners son, owner was "out of town") had hickies all over his neck. I overlooked that bit of unprofessional appearance, and made a statement that they had put us on the only grass spot in the camp (no gravel, as they had advertised) and it had just rained heavily that morning before we checked in. The spot was muddy and had trapped lots of water and was attracting bugs. He said "I can't control the weather, be happy"! Really....be happy? That is the best he could say? How about "sorry for the problems, we can move you to another spot"? BY FAR THE WORST KOA WE HAVE EVER STAYED AT, and we have been staying exclusively KOA for many years.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank s m
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This is our 2nd stay at the Billings KOA. We stayed here 11 years ago while traveling West, and hoped it would be as nice as we remembered for this trip. We had a pull-through site for our camper. The sites are close together, but they are shaded and are convenient to everything. The staff was helpful with giving directions and other information we needed. The family style bathrooms with the individual shower/sink/toilet are exceptionally nice for a campground and there was constantly someone cleaning them. Ice cream cones were offered for sale during the evening and we enjoyed having that option on a hot day.
If you stay here take time to walk around the grounds because there is a path where there are views of the scenic Yellowstone River. The campground is a short drive on the interstate to many stores in the area.

If we get another chance to travel out West the Billings KOA will again be on our list!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family