“Not close to the airport!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 11 July 2012

When my travel agent asked me if I would like to stay close to the airport, she booked the Hampton Inn. Not that it is really far from the airport, it just isn't close. I do enjoy staying at the Hampton Inn's when I travel. They are very consistent with the cleanliness and comfort.

Although I was too tired when I got to my room, they do allow adults to swim all night and I think that is wonderful as I usually love to soak in a hot tub after a long flight.

Breakfast was good. I had scrambled eggs and biscuits with sausage gravy. There was cereal, waffles, yogurt, etc. They had a big bowl of chopped mixed fruit, but I've noticed at some other hotels, they put in frozen fruit, this looked fresh, but unfortunetly I didn't get a chance to sample it as I was a bit rushed and obviously not picking the healthy choices.

The check in clerk was friendly. I arrived rather late in the evening, so it was nice that there was a place to eat next door with a little casino.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for you response. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast. We hope the next time you stay you will be able to enjoy our 24-hour pool and hot tub.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 6 July 2012

We've stayed in a lot of Hampton's. This one was the best we've encountered. Just three and a half years old and still looks and feels brand new.

Our room was large and comfortable. The breakfast bar was kept extremely clean. And, most amazing of all, the lobby and breakfast room were probably the largest and most tastefully decorated we've encountered in the Hampton family.

Clearly this isn't the Hampton you remember from your youth!

Well done.

Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed our brekfast/lobby area.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Thanks,

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We flew into Billings and chose this Hampton for 2 reasons. First, it was newer than others and second they provided shuttle service back and forth to the airport. There is a nice restaurant within walking distance for dinner. Management and staff do a good job and housekeeping as well. If near stop here.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the nice comments regarding our complimentary airport shuttle and our staff.

Thanks again. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Our room and the hotel were very clean!! We liked that the duvets and sheets are changed between guests, they even had a post it note on each headboard reminding us of that fact (see photo).

One bed was nice & comfortable but the other one was soft & saggy (guess the bed away from the window was slept in more often??).

The shower head is up way too high, right near the ceiling (see photo)– you can’t even reach it to adjust it without standing on the edge of the bathtub which is dangerous. There is no fan in the bathroom which makes it very hot and steamy very quickly. (see photo).

Breakfast was good with lots of selections include pre-cooked oatmeal (the best kind!) with toppings such as raisins or cinnamon/sugar you could add, biscuits & gravy, sausage links, cheese omelets, etc etc etc The oatmeal did run out right after we got there even though there were still 30 minutes left for breakfast.

The pool area could use some more ventilation.

When we checked in, two clerks were working. The male clerk was helping a guest who decided after being assigned a room to ask for a different one – he did this three times and it was obvious the clerk was annoyed. However, when our female clerk was checking us in, she was not familiar with the hotel policies and asked her co-worker a question, he then snapped at her.

What we disliked the most was that our room had NO micro and NO frig in it!!

Since the room was very clean and the traffic noise was noticeable but not that loud which meant we still got a good night sleep (on the comfortable bed not the saggy bed) – we would stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: They are Hampton Inn & Suites but they have no suites that can accommodate 4 people.
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to the Hampton Inn & Suites, Billings. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We appreciate your comments regarding your room. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and that you were able to get a good night's rest.

For future bookings, we offer microwaves and refridgerators in our King Studio suites.

Thanks again. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Our family always stays at Hamptons. We love the chain.

This is by far the nicest Hampton we have stayed at. Gorgeous. Has more of a feel of an upscale hotel than a mid level chain. It appears to be newer and is just beautiful.

The hot tub is ODDLY small for such a large hotel.

The ONLY reason I didn't give it an excellent rating is because of the check out. We of course gave our credit card number to hold the reservation. The check in staff asked if we would be putting the charge on the credit card we had on file and we answered that we were going to pay cash at check-out. She said she would make a note of that.

When we went to check out, they had already billed the credit card. I told the lady we were going to pay cash. She took the cash and gave me another receipt, but was not able to show me where my credit card had been credited. I asked her to show me, but she was not able to clearly point this out on the bill. Unfortunately while they did not officially charge the card the pre-authorization remained on our card for 7 days. Because this was a debit card related to our checking account that meant we did not have access to $140 during the rest of our vacation. We weren't too happy about that.

Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you so much for your comments regarding our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I apologize that you were not informed of our policy and authorizations at check-in. We do place a hold on the money in case of incidentals and it does take up to 72 business hours to drop off the account.

We hope you had a wonderful vacation.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I needed a place to stay overnight in Billings to fly out in the morning, and this place was a little bit off the beaten path, but it was well worth it. When I walked in I had never seen a Hampton lobby so spectacular. The woodwork was a little different than most Hamptons I have seen, it was almost rustic and lodge-like- very appropriate for Montana. The room was very clean and comfortable, as usual. The service was great, the pool area and fitness center was among Hamptons best, and the breakfast was very fresh and tasty. Given that this was just about the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever seen, I was a little surprised when I saw that there was no fridge or microwave in the room. This is not a drawback for me, but it could be for others. Overall this was a fantastic stay and I will absolutely stay here next time I am in Billings.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
BillingsInnSuites, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Billings West I-90, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your nice comments regarding our lobby, breakfast and staff. We truly loved having you here.

For future reference, we offer microwaves and refridgerators in our King Studio suites.

Thanks again. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 18 June 2012

This Hampton Inn is very nice. It is right off the freeway, so very accessible by car. It is about 15 minutes (with traffic and stoplights) to downtown and the airport.

Rooms are good, staff is attentive and friendly, and breakfast is good. I keep coming back every time I am in town and need to stay on the west side.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay. We are glad to hear you keep coming back to stay with us. We appreciate your comments regarding our staff and breakfast.

We look forward to your next stay.