“Not impressed”

Guadalajara
Ranked #70 of 364 Restaurants in Billings
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I eat a lot of Mexican food and we were quite disappointed here. They give you a tiny little bowl of salsa, and a tiny little bowl of chips and our server did not know the menu at all. My husband ordered a second margarita and we were pretty much ready to leave when the server finally said he would get the margarita. The food was ok, nothing special but definitely wouldn't eat here again.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Currently where we live there are not any good Mexican restaurants so when we saw this we were quite excited. How disappointed we were. The food was just nasty and the service was lousy. I would go to Cafe Rio before this place.

3  Thank Sheri2567
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Rated in the paper as the best Mexican food restaurant. Before moving to Billings in January of 2013 my wife and I lived in the Phoenix area for 7 years, San Diego before that. This is not great Mexican food and the service was poor, wrong order brought to us, food was fair and took for ever to receive. Still looking for a great Mexican restaurant.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

The food we had was good and the margaritas were very refreshing. The tequila contact was not too high, which always makes me feel better in the morning. Both my wife's and my meal were very good

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We went to the 927 S 32nd St W location.
We ordered Flautas but Taquitos were brought to the table. When asked, the server was unclear about which type of tortilla (corn vs flour) is used for Flautas and Taquitos. Either way the food was good except that we had asked for the sauce to be on the side and it was on the food.
We also ordered the combination with enchilada, tostada and taco. The spicy ground beef is good.
We had plenty of chips for the salsa. We wish the salsa were thicker & chunkier but it has a very good flavor.
It seemed inappropriate to us during our evening visit, the out of uniform manager was climbing ladders and replacing light bulbs. It did not appear to be necessary at the time. There was plenty of light in the restaurant.
This was not our first visit and we will continue to visit Guadalajara for good Mexican food.

Been to Guadalajara? Share your experiences!