“Great Place for the Kids”

Reef Indoor Water Park
Ranked #15 of 63 things to do in Billings
Billings, Montana
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Place for the Kids”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This place is great for the kids but not so great for people with sinus issues. The lack of air exchanges in this area will wreak havoc on your sinuses.

Visited June 2014
bighornresort, General Manager at Reef Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for your comments, I understand the high humidity in the park can be hard on sinus issues and I apologize for that. I hope you will return when you sinus issue has been resolved. We look forward to seeing you again.

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fun Sunday morning”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We recently took a quick trip to Billings to shop for an RV and while there, we needed something fun to do with our young daughter. We stumbled upon The Reef and were thrilled that they had early Sunday morning hours so we could play before we headed home. We all had a good time with minimal crowd, pleasant atmosphere, and reasonable rates. Thanks for providing a clean, fun place to enjoy some family time.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Teresa B
bighornresort, General Manager at Reef Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I am so pleased you found our park and your family enjoyed your visit. I hope you will return again.
Montana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lots of fun for a fair price”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Brought 5 kids to the Reef. Had a blast and would go again. I found that the staff did not know if their is a policy regarding outfits with drug references. I felt that overall the staff and park was great and we all had a lot of fun.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Chris M
Thank you for your candid response, we are pleased you and your family enjoyed you visit and look forward to see you again.
Billings, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I took my kids to this water park. It was our first time there and I've got to say we will be heading back. It was a blast. I like the fact that everything you need is there at the park. Had a great time. Definitely recommend going.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Rtracymt
bighornresort, General Manager at Reef Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed yourself at the Reef. We look forward to your next visit.
Sheridan, Wyoming
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Our kids love it here.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Firstly, this place is affordable and fun. Our kids have a blast. We usually stay at the connecting hotel and the hotel staff are super supportive and understanding of families with kids running around. We live 2 hours away and we make it there 2-3 times a year.

The lifeguards are my biggest issue and the reason I do not do 5 stars.
They check in with each other by blowing their whistles ALL THE TIME!!!!! So you can imagine that when they really need to blow it for a reason, it falls on uncaring ears of the kids because they are just so use to it. I have not problem with a system to keep each other in check, I dont think this is the way.
My kids hate the "check-in" whistle and always feel it is directed at them and I have noticed that it interferes with their desire to play freely. Its a shame.
I also feel the lifeguards are tired, uninterested and annoyed by having to be at work. I have been to many water parks where lifeguards are trained to be safe while at the same time, being helpful and friendly to the families and kids. These lifeguards are not approachable.

I still return and will continue to do so because thankfully, I am able to keep an eye on my own kids and do not need to rely on lifeguards. I am not sure I would let my kids go there without me no matter their age.

Also, there are certain places in the building that are down-right FREEZING!!!! And drafty. If you get stuck having to be near one of these places, you can count on unhappy kids wanting to leave.

We will be there the weekend of April 12 and I look forward to it despite what I have wrote here. Like I said, kids love it.

Visited May 2013
bighornresort, General Manager at Reef Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
First, I am pleased that your stay at the Big Horn Resort was a good one and that you will be returning. Second I have passed on your comment to the management of the waterpark to address the issues you have brought up and I apologize that you felt the lifeguards were not approachable. The whistles are the only way of communication for the staff in such a large noise filled area, there are different whistles for each need, radios are out of the question due to the need to be able to get in the water with them. I hope this explains the whistle need and I assure you we will look into the attitude issues. Thank you for your comments they help us to adjust to the customers needs.