I had booked through priceline.com for the date of 5.23.14 (today). I called in this morning at 6:51 a.m. to confirm reservations and spoke with a guy who was able to confirm these reservations. We arrived at approximately 7 p.m. to the hotel to check in. The front desk lady, Tami was extremely unaccomodating and uncaring for our situation. She reported that there was a computer glitch and they would not honor the $27 I had paid for the hotel per room. She said that the best they could do is $139. I told her that I knew that was not true and that they could do better. I asked why I was not informed of this earlier and she said that Priceline should have notified me earlier this morning, which is when I told her I called earlier this morning to confirm. She asked what time and I was able to retrieve the exact time(thank god for iPhones) at 6:51 a.m. She said that employee was new and he did not know what he was doing. I asked to speak with a manager, she said that she was the assistant manager and that she is the only person I could speak with. I asked to be able to put in feedback as I was extremely upset at this point. I told her that she had poor customer service and she then told me that she would call the cops on me. I was not swearing, I was not yelling. I then asked her then to call Priceline and she refused telling me that she could provide me with the number, but would not call them. (I would think this would have been her first move, calling them on my behalf, however she did not care. Her total lack of empathy apalled me!) I wanted to be able to at least get my money back if they weren't going to fulfill their part of the contract with priceline. I told her again that she had poor customer service as I was looking for their number and she was calling her manager on the other line, confirming that it was ok for her to call the police? (If I was that terrible, I would have thought she would have done it from the getgo, although there is nothing the police could have done, except escort me off the property as I had done NOTHING wrong). I then went out to the parking lot, called Pricline, got a different hotel booked at Holiday Inn, was upgraded a room after recanting my story. Needless to say, this will be reported to the corporate office and I will be contacting the manager in the morning. They had video cameras in the registration area, so I hope that they will review this to instruct thier employee, Tami on better customer service skills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Big Sky country at our Howard Johnson Billings hotel. Conveniently located off Interstate 90, our pet-friendly Billings, MT, hotel near Billings Logan International Airport puts outdoor adventure, vibrant night life and family fun at your doorstep. Start your day off smiling with free Rise & Dine breakfast, and use free Wi-Fi Internet access to plan your trip. Unwind after a busy day in one of our hot tubs, and let loose on the wild waterslide into our heated indoor pool. If you want to stay active, get a workout in our fitness center. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Billings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Hotel Billings
- Ramada Hotel Billings
- Ramada Hotel Limited
- Howard Johnson Billings Montana