“Expensive for what you get.”

Howard Johnson Billings
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Expensive for what you get.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This place is well used apparently from the facilities and rooms. We were driving forever, it was late, most places were booked in town, so we settled for a night here. We were told $119 a night, charged $129, with taxes and everything it was $150. The breakfast in the morning was decent. They advertise the waterslide on the website but it isn't included in the rate, It is an additional $1.50 per person per day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Shacheen R, General Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for posting your comment as your feedback is very important to us. I do apologize your werent' satisfied with your room rate although our daily rate fluctautes due to the high demand in our area and inventory of rooms. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you in the near future.

Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Lucerne, California
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Had reserved a room for 3 nights during family vacation. Upon checking in we could smell dog piss in the room and wife immediately began getting flea bites. There was no refrig. or microwave as advertised in the listing or on reservation. The security card-key access doors to the hotel had been ripped off. We managed to get no more than 3 hours of sleep. When we checked out the next morning, we were informed that they would not refund our reservation fee for the 2 unused nights. A month of emails to both the hotel manager and to Wyndham Rewards failed to resolve the issue. I am not use to paying $234 for 3 hours sleep and flea bites. But if this is what you crave, check into this place.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at any cost.
Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank thekattb4u
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your recent stay here with us at the Howard Johnson. I do apologize and understand your frustrations due to some issues you had with your room. We here at the the hotel were unaware of the issues you had endure during your stay with us. Had we known of any issues at the time of occurence we would have corrected them accordingly and offered you an upgrade or possibly place you at one of our sister hotels. I am sorry again and do hope we will see you in the near future.

Have a nice day.

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We booked our stay through Priceline 7/13 - 7/19. I travel all over the country, year round and stay at hotels 300 days out of the year. And I have to say, this is one of the worst hotels when it comes to customer service. When I arrived at the hotel, 11:30 pm, the front desk clerk was outside smoking. I grabbed a luggage cart from the lobby and loaded up my luggage and started to head into the hotel and she asked if I had reservations. I said, yes and that my husband had already checked in this morning. I went in the hotel and stood at the counter, thinking there was another front desk person working inside and if not the one outside would surely see me standing here.......Not! I knew my room number but I had no idea how to get to my room. Finally, another hotel guest came in and they told me where my room was AND informed me there wasn't an elevator. Uggh! Next day, business center. ..now that's a real joke. Its a computer you can look things up on. That's it folks! I asked the front desk person if there was anyway I could print a document because I needed to sign it and fax it to my home office. Nope! She was less than helpful. She had no ideas or suggestions, nothing! Hot tubs didn't work. Just sat in hot water. There were men sitting in the hallway a few times after we returned from dinner. My advice is to stay in your car at the nearest rest area. You'll be better off!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jill M
Shacheen R, General Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your comment here on Trip Advisor. It is with my sincerest apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations. We strive for guest satisfaction and our entire staff is working to improve the issues mentioned. We do hope you will give us another try in the near future.
North Sioux City, South Dakota
Reviewed 23 July 2014

DON'T STAY HERE ,... IT IS A RIP OFF !! I paid for my hotel room on hotels.com.. I had to give my debit card when I checked it. They charged me again for my hotel room, was also charged for the water slide after I paid them in cash. Was given a run around for these charges on my card from a extremely rude front desk lady. I was informed the next morning that it would be refunded . Which 4 days later and still no refund. Will be calling my bank soon to file a claim against this hotel. Other then the rude staff, our room stunk like bad body order. Only had 3 towels for 4 people and had to wait 3 hours for more. I would highly recommend no one to stay at this hotel !! I do know that I never will be again

2 Thank Jackles30
Lori N, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We do thank you for leaving a comment on Tripadvisor. We do strive for excellent customer service while staying at the Howard Johnson. We hope that you will return in the near future and see the changes we have made.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

To be polite, there were human bodily fluids on both beds. Hotels.com booked us a smoking room and when we asked to change rooms she said it would be a $50 up charge. I contemplated sleeping the car but my friend felt that was unsafe but thats how bad it was. Worse night ever.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Alison O
Dear Guest,

We thank you for leaving a comment on Tripadvisor. We are truly sorry that your experience was not to your satisfaction.
London, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel is very outdated, over priced and lacking everything. The beds were hard, the shower head was too low, the towels where horrible and small, the bread at breakfast was old and everything at breakfast was lacking. I would never stay here again. This hotel is very over priced and outdated.

2 Thank chris v
Dear Guest,

We thank you for leaving a comment on Tripadvisor. We do strive for excellent customer service. We do apologize for any dissatisfaction you endured while staying at the Howard Johnson. We are making the appropriate changes to strive for better customer service comments.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We spent a Friday, 7-11 and Sat, 7-12 at this Howard Johnson. The room was clean, although older, yellow toilet, hotel needs updated for sure. Upon check in, we wanted to relax after our drive . Room was sweltering hot, AC unit took a very long time to cool off the room and our TV was not working. I called the front desk and was told they would send someone right up. 45 minutes later, I called again and was told they would send someone as soon as they could. We decided to leave as the room was still stifling hot and stopped at the desk to let them know we were leaving. We were told they would get it fixed while we were gone. Got back to the room around 9 pm and TV still not working. Called the front desk again and was told they had no maintenance person on site, hadn't had one all afternoon, and the desk clerks hadn't had a chance to come up and look at it. Changing rooms was offered, but our room was finally cool, and I wasn't about to move to a 90 degree room at 9:15 at night with a crabby baby. A clerk came up to check it out. The cable ends weren't crimped onto the cable, so they had the ends in the TV, and were just jamming the wires into the end, trying to get it to connect. I suggested stealing a cable from a vacant room, which was done, but the ends fell right off of that one too. Was told that we would be the first thing on the list to get fixed by maint. in the morning. Ran around Sat most of the day, came back to the room around 7, TV still not fixed, beds not made. They did replace towels and trash liners, but that was it. Worst service I've ever had at a hotel.

2 Thank Bonnie H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a comment on Tripadvisor. We value your input and hope that you will stay with us in the near future to see the changes we have made.