“Your breakfast mainly offers carbo foods. Hard boiled eggs...”

Howard Johnson Billings
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Helena
“Your breakfast mainly offers carbo foods. Hard boiled eggs...”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Your breakfast mainly offers carbo foods. Hard boiled eggs would be nice.
The air conditioner was very noisy to run the fan.
TV stations - cable, did not work very well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Shacheen R, General Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Teresa H,

We thank you for taing the time to reach out to use here on Trip Advisor. I would like to send my apologies to you for any inconveniences you may have endured while staying here with us at the Howard Johnson. We value each guest's feedback as it helps us grow & make the proper improvements. We hope to see you soon.

Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Atoka
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Staff can't work a computer to save their lives. Overpriced for what you get. Room did not get cleaned once in the 4 days we stayed here. Takes an act of congress to get towels. Fitness center houses the janitorial closet so while getting a workout in you can also enjoy the fresh, chemically saturated air. Don't stay here if you want a good or even halfway decent experience. Sleeping in your vehicle would be a better idea.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Ldaniel_77
Shacheen R, General Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Ldaniel_77,

Thank you for leaving your comment here on Trip Advisor. We value customer feedback good/bad and look forward to hearing from our customers. I do reassure you proper action has been taken and we are working towards fixing all issures mentioned above. I am sorry to hear you stay was not to your satisfaction. We hope to see you again and that you'll give us another chance to see the improvements we are making daily.

Take care,

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Casper
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I booked my room 5 months before my stay, and got a really good rate. We arrived and found out that there was an issue with our reservation. It was supposed to be a handicap accessible, non smoking room. We got a second floor, smoking room. I asked to change rooms, because of medical reasons, and was told I would be charged the prepaid amount, as well as the rate for that night, which was 129.99. I was simply not going to pay over $200 for a room at this not well kept hotel. Our room carpet had blood stains on them, grease stained "comforters," and the walls were very dirty. Within a short period, my son had to be taken for medical care because of his severe medical issues and the smoke residue in our room. Staff were extremely rude and uncaring. I have NEVER had any hotel refuse to change a room without charging more money. This is the HOSPITALITY business morons! Also, while waiting for another member of my group a woman came in with more in her party, no reservation, and no discounts and was charged 76.99 + tax for her room. The only impression I got from that is that the staff was simply trying to make money off of me, and stuff their pockets. I will NEVER recommend this hotel chain to anyone, as this experience was so horrible. And before management can claim that changing rooms is always an up charge, I had a similar situation at another Howard Johnson and they changed my room immediately, no questions asked. I will be seeking a refund, as I couldn't even stay in the room, due to being in an ER all night. Also, it was the MANAGER who refused to change rooms without double charging me.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank JL8209
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to post about your recent stay. After further review of your reservations and stay. I do apologize for the issues of your rerservation as you prepaid through an online travel agency. You prepaid the amount specifically for the smoking room in which in any case rates do vary upon time of booking, type of room and any discounts that each traveler may have. It is within hotel policy that for an upgraded room there will be a small price differ. I do apologize for any inconviences you my have endure during you time here.

Have a wonderful day.
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Run down but somewhat clean, hot tubs didn't work and had white skim on water, no comforters, worn out towels, breakfast was ok but always out of coffee and juice, bed was old not very comfortable, 1990's TV, ac that didn't really cool room down, bad water pressure in shower, do to storms in area tons of illegal Mexicans that trashed parking lot and fill up parking lot with pickups and trailers. Should be 59 a night max, but Billings is always hard to find a room. Book early and choose a little bit higher priced hotel. The 20-40$ will be well worth it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your comment here with us on Trip Advisor and value each comment left. It is with my sincerest apologies your stay wasn't to your satisfaction. It is our customers who give us feedback to help us improve. We have done some upgrades and do hope you'll give us a second chance to see the changes we've made.

Safe travels.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you stay at this hotel, take lots of disinfectant. Be prepared to be charged more than the quoted prices and charged for things that are not disclosed. And pay cash if you can...it is risky to give them your credit card number.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Angie C
Dear Angie,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on Trip Advisor. I do apologize for your misunderstanding in our rates and charges. We do offer a signed registration card and/or agreements before making any charges to your credit card for authorization purposes. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our pool area.

Have a blessed day.