“Nice all around...”

Howard Johnson Billings
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Billings

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Helena
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Your breakfast mainly offers carbo foods. Hard boiled eggs would be nice.
The air conditioner was very noisy to run the fan.
TV stations - cable, did not work very well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Shacheen R, General Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Teresa H,

We thank you for taing the time to reach out to use here on Trip Advisor. I would like to send my apologies to you for any inconveniences you may have endured while staying here with us at the Howard Johnson. We value each guest's feedback as it helps us grow & make the proper improvements. We hope to see you soon.

Take care.
Atoka
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Staff can't work a computer to save their lives. Overpriced for what you get. Room did not get cleaned once in the 4 days we stayed here. Takes an act of congress to get towels. Fitness center houses the janitorial closet so while getting a workout in you can also enjoy the fresh, chemically saturated air. Don't stay here if you want a good or even halfway decent experience. Sleeping in your vehicle would be a better idea.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Ldaniel_77
Shacheen R, General Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Ldaniel_77,

Thank you for leaving your comment here on Trip Advisor. We value customer feedback good/bad and look forward to hearing from our customers. I do reassure you proper action has been taken and we are working towards fixing all issures mentioned above. I am sorry to hear you stay was not to your satisfaction. We hope to see you again and that you'll give us another chance to see the improvements we are making daily.

Take care,

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Casper
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I booked my room 5 months before my stay, and got a really good rate. We arrived and found out that there was an issue with our reservation. It was supposed to be a handicap accessible, non smoking room. We got a second floor, smoking room. I asked to change rooms, because of medical reasons, and was told I would be charged the prepaid amount, as well as the rate for that night, which was 129.99. I was simply not going to pay over $200 for a room at this not well kept hotel. Our room carpet had blood stains on them, grease stained "comforters," and the walls were very dirty. Within a short period, my son had to be taken for medical care because of his severe medical issues and the smoke residue in our room. Staff were extremely rude and uncaring. I have NEVER had any hotel refuse to change a room without charging more money. This is the HOSPITALITY business morons! Also, while waiting for another member of my group a woman came in with more in her party, no reservation, and no discounts and was charged 76.99 + tax for her room. The only impression I got from that is that the staff was simply trying to make money off of me, and stuff their pockets. I will NEVER recommend this hotel chain to anyone, as this experience was so horrible. And before management can claim that changing rooms is always an up charge, I had a similar situation at another Howard Johnson and they changed my room immediately, no questions asked. I will be seeking a refund, as I couldn't even stay in the room, due to being in an ER all night. Also, it was the MANAGER who refused to change rooms without double charging me.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank JL8209
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to post about your recent stay. After further review of your reservations and stay. I do apologize for the issues of your rerservation as you prepaid through an online travel agency. You prepaid the amount specifically for the smoking room in which in any case rates do vary upon time of booking, type of room and any discounts that each traveler may have. It is within hotel policy that for an upgraded room there will be a small price differ. I do apologize for any inconviences you my have endure during you time here.

Have a wonderful day.