“Don't trust manager or staff”

Howard Johnson Billings
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Wapato, Washington
“Don't trust manager or staff”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I booked a reservation there for 8-15-10 on a return home from my vacation. I was told at the time of the booking that this hotel would accept my RCI certificate rewards for payment. The Manager when I showed up to the hotel told me he would not redeem them and I had to pay. I decided to leave because I was lied to by staff and management. BEWARE staying at this hotel.. They even charge for the hot tub!! Whole exeperience made me never want to stay at an Howard JOhnson hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank disastisfied8-15-10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Seattle
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Just a warning that this hotel seemed very dirty. Our room seemed fine on first appearance, then we noticed that the carpet seemed damp - maybe from the previous guests' trip to the pool? Plus lots of mold and stains in the bathroom. The whole experience left us feeling very icky...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank marketingmama
billingshojo2, Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this review, 13 October 2010
Sorry for the late response to your review. I want to let you know that we have worked very hard rectifying your experience with our housekeeping and Maintenance department. I welcome you back next time you’re in the Billings area with complete confidence. Michael Dworshak GM

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Lewistown, Montana
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Started out we were over charged, the person right next to us got the same room as us and they had 5 people with them and we only had 2 and we were charged more. Next we got to our room and the bathroom was dirty floors were nasty and tub was broken and the shower curtain was so dirty that it was black alround the edges. Then we had no air conditioner at all and we were up till 2:30am boiling hot. We asked for a fan and they only had one and it was all ready rented out for the night for an extra $20.00. Beds hard as rock. Desk staff was very short and very unfriendly and rude. To go swimming cost more and some people paid for it and other people didn't pay. The hall ways smelled like pee and cigarettes. We left upset, tired, and felt like we just stayed at a truck stop, it was so bad. We didn't think paying $165.00 was quite appropriate maybe $45.00 would have been more like it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank sweetsuger
Seattle
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I stayed here for a 3 day weekend, and my stay was wonderful, The staff was very helpful and friendly, Room was clean and orderly. I will be staying here on my future visits.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 December 2009

Nice staff, easy access to highway, big pool area.
Clearly catching up on maintenance as part of changeover ( room heater taken apart).
Small rooms, but partly because they crammed in a fridge and microwave.
For a one night stop, a good value.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Billings hotels
Baymont Inn & Suites Billings
Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center Billings
Quality Inn Homestead Park
Quality Inn Homestead Park
#23 of 51 in Billings

Been to Howard Johnson Billings? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Billings

Property: Howard Johnson Billings
Address: 1345 Mullowney Lane, Billings, MT 59101
Region: United States > Montana > Billings
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Billings 2*
Escape to Big Sky country at our Howard Johnson Billings hotel. Conveniently located off Interstate 90, our pet-friendly Billings, MT, hotel near Billings Logan International Airport puts outdoor adventure, vibrant night life and family fun at your doorstep. Start your day off smiling with free Rise & Dine breakfast, and use free Wi-Fi Internet access to plan your trip. Unwind after a busy day in one of our hot tubs, and let loose on the wild waterslide into our heated indoor pool. If you want to stay active, get a workout in our fitness center. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Billings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Hotel Billings