“Stay away!”

Howard Johnson Billings
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 29 August 2010

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. First room we checked into was infested with fleas and had a horrible strong odor of something that smelled like fresh varnish(??). Contacted the front desk and got moved to another nearby room. The new room didn't smell as horrible as the first but didn't smell clean. We also discovered small stains on the bed sheets. GROSS! The next morning housekeeping walked in on me changing clothes. Pretty much just opened the door and was there. Luckily I'm not that shy but still...

The entire hotel operation seems to be lacking in management especially with housekeeping. Formerly a Ramada property all of the labels on the telephones are missing most likely due to the old branding.

Seriously, stay away from this property at all costs!! You can do much better nearby in the same price range.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank snonnel
khanorg, General Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2010

I want to apologize for our mistakes. We value your comments and want to assure you that we have addressed the issue immediately and it will be taken care of 100%. I do want to compensate for our mistakes. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 23 August 2010

I booked a reservation there for 8-15-10 on a return home from my vacation. I was told at the time of the booking that this hotel would accept my RCI certificate rewards for payment. The Manager when I showed up to the hotel told me he would not redeem them and I had to pay. I decided to leave because I was lied to by staff and management. BEWARE staying at this hotel.. They even charge for the hot tub!! Whole exeperience made me never want to stay at an Howard JOhnson hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank disastisfied8-15-10
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Just a warning that this hotel seemed very dirty. Our room seemed fine on first appearance, then we noticed that the carpet seemed damp - maybe from the previous guests' trip to the pool? Plus lots of mold and stains in the bathroom. The whole experience left us feeling very icky...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank marketingmama
billingshojo2, Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2010

Sorry for the late response to your review. I want to let you know that we have worked very hard rectifying your experience with our housekeeping and Maintenance department. I welcome you back next time you’re in the Billings area with complete confidence. Michael Dworshak GM

Reviewed 19 July 2010

Started out we were over charged, the person right next to us got the same room as us and they had 5 people with them and we only had 2 and we were charged more. Next we got to our room and the bathroom was dirty floors were nasty and tub was broken and the shower curtain was so dirty that it was black alround the edges. Then we had no air conditioner at all and we were up till 2:30am boiling hot. We asked for a fan and they only had one and it was all ready rented out for the night for an extra $20.00. Beds hard as rock. Desk staff was very short and very unfriendly and rude. To go swimming cost more and some people paid for it and other people didn't pay. The hall ways smelled like pee and cigarettes. We left upset, tired, and felt like we just stayed at a truck stop, it was so bad. We didn't think paying $165.00 was quite appropriate maybe $45.00 would have been more like it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank sweetsuger
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I stayed here for a 3 day weekend, and my stay was wonderful, The staff was very helpful and friendly, Room was clean and orderly. I will be staying here on my future visits.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2009

Nice staff, easy access to highway, big pool area.
Clearly catching up on maintenance as part of changeover ( room heater taken apart).
Small rooms, but partly because they crammed in a fridge and microwave.
For a one night stop, a good value.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business