“Overpriced.”
Review of The Soup Place - CLOSED

The Soup Place
Cuisines: American
Description: A comparatively new restaurant in Billings. Excellent soups and the other
Glendive, Montana
“Overpriced.”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Why is this place so popular? I don't get it. Very few menu choices, high prices, etc. When I am really in the mood for soup, I'll visit Soup and Such.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank surfercharlie

Billings, Montana
“GREAT Soups!”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I don't go here often enough. It doesn't always come to mind when I'm thinking of a lunch place in downtown Billings but when I'm done eating there I always rave about their soups. They are extraordinary and consistently great. No matter which soup you choose you can't go wrong and you'll say it's one of the best you've ever tasted. Kind of fun "diner like" atmosphere and conducive to lively conversation. Staff is friendly and helpful and attentive.
Give this place a try - you'll be glad you did.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Rhyno22
Billings, Montana
“Variety, Busy, Fresh”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Great variety of soups and grilled cheese combos. Busy at lunchtime so try to miss the business lunch times. Fast if you are in a hurry for a quick sit down lunch.

1 Thank MontanaHannah
Columbus, Montana
“Great place for lunch.”
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

With the variety of soups and sandwiches, The Soup Place is well worth returning to time and time again. The staff is friendly, the food is excellent and the atmosphere warm. Always on the list when I am deciding where to have lunch.

1 Thank Bob J
South Bend, Indiana
“Everyone needs The Soup Place in their town!”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We used Trip Advisor to find The Soup Place. It has the same types of reviews as the #1 restaurant in Billings but with fewer reviews, and it had their own website with a menu. The Soup Place should be ranked much higher than where it's at now. The menu and price looked right, so we ventured downtown for dinner. I was prepared to just be satisfied since some of the reviews said the place was average, but our experience was terrific!

My husband and I travel often, and we are always seeking out good, flavorful food with that something special. The Soup Place has this down without being over the top with odd or overly eclectic foods. Our server was very attentive and he knew the menu well when we had questions. Our drinks were always full, and the food was served promptly, without being rushed.

The ambiance of the restaurant definitely enhanced our experience. Tucked in right downtown, it seems to have something for everyone. It's casual, but you could make it into a more fine dining experience since they have a wide variety of wines and other drink choices. While they offer soups and sandwiches, they also serve lovely seafood dishes and pasta. Seating choices range from a quiet dining area in the back, separate tables along the wall separated by dividers with original wire sculpture art, counter service, or lounge chairs at the front for more of a coffee house experience. The Soup Place has a very welcoming feeling regardless of where you sit.

Now, let's get to the food! My husband and I shared meals. We had the ham and bean soup, the white chicken chili, the mushroom and swiss burger, and the Mexican Mac & Cheese (the special for the evening). Everything we had was better than the next! We received full BOWLS of soup, so much that I had to take half of mine to go so I had enough room to enjoy the entree. The burger was tremendous! Whatever "special seasoning" they use is savory and compliments the meat very well without overpowering the flavor. The baby portobello mushrooms were cooked perfected and smothered in perfectly melted Swiss cheese. The pretzel roll was a great compliment to all the flavors. As for the Mexican mac & cheese - my husband pretty much melted in his chair from sheer food bliss! Extra cheesy pasta with pulled pork, peppers, nacho chips, salsa, and sour cream. As much as he loved it, he had to take half of it home because he was too full! Our total for the two soups, burger, mac & cheese, and two sodas was under $25.

We were only in Billings for one night passing through, but we decided that the real reason we ended up here was to eat at The Soup Place! If only we had one in our hometown! Thanks for making our stay much more memorable!

• Visited July 2012