“A cut above!”

Ciao Mambo
Ranked #11 of 360 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: With creative twists on classic recipes there is something for everyone in the family. It's Italian Nachos, Minestrone, Lasagne, Tiramisu, Chianti, Frank Sinatra, Great Fun, Wonderful Service and a whole lot more... Ciao Mambo atmosphere works just as well for romantic couples as it does for a cozy table of family, friends and children too. At Mambo's, we serve up immigrant style Italian cuisine in a happening family ambiance. Our pasta dishes with rich, savory sauces and fresh ingredients, thin crust pizzas baked to perfection, and unmatchable service will keep you coming back for more. Bring your friends, family and appetite for fun, and we'll handle the rest.
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We just finished a wonderful meal at Ciao Mambo. We started with the Italian Nachos which were huge and absolutely delicious. My husband had the Scampi and I had Pollo Con Formaggio (Chicken Fillets) with pasta in a Vodka sauce. Dinner was outstanding. served hot and in a timely fashion. Plus our server Ashley was extremely attentive. We will definitely be coming back. Next time though we will bring our grandson because the portions were huge and we will need him to help eat it all. The atmosphere and music were great.

1  Thank Sheila L

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We ate here a few weeks ago, and it was stupendous. I chose it based on the Trip Advisor reviews. Every single thing we ordered was spectacular. We ordered the tootsie rolls (which were actually delicious wrappers stuffed with cheese), meatballs and the caprese platter for our large groups appetizers and they were all great. For the main course everyone got something different, but the chicken saltimbocca and my pasta Ravenna were the true standouts. As other reviewers mentioned, it really is extremely loud inside (which was something I thought I wouldn't notice). The staff is extremely friendly, and since they make all their food to order they're completely accommodating to any requests for change-ups in their menu. If we lived in Billings this would definitely be a regulator stop for us.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Meh, it's average chain italian food. The bruschetta was inedible and had to be sent back. The service was slow, though the server was sweet enough. We ordered the pasta ravenna and it was good, just that, good. Additionally, we ordered the Papa Biagio's Bolognese, which I found to taste a bit like chef- boyardee beefaroni with cheese added to it. Sort of middle of the road and disappointing.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I took something to go at this place. The sitting area seems good, but there were a lot of couples, so I felt awkward to sit on my own. The lasagna was good, a little too salty to my taste. But you know, when you pay $25 for a lasagna and a tiramisu, it's always nice when you don't have to chase the waitress around to get plastic cutlery and paper towels... Maybe the service when you are sitting is better. Also, most plates are made to order, so if you take something to go, might be better to call in advance, so that you don't have to wait for your food.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at ciao mambo hundreds of times as well as has my family. Unfortunately I don't think we will ever eat there again.

The food and service are great. The staff knows us by name. The problems are that the music is so loud at the restaurant that we can't hear each other talk (no we don't need hearing aids). The other problem is that it is very cold in the restaurant. We have repeatedly asked that these problems be resolved to no avail. So long.

Been to Ciao Mambo? Share your experiences!