“Flavorful and Unique.”

Cuisines: Thai
Glendive, Montana
“Flavorful and Unique.”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I had been trying to dine at Lemongrass for quite some time, but every time we went they were closed. We finally got the hours figured out and had a chance to experience the unique Thai cuisine. To say the Lemongrass food is flavorful is an understatement. It is powerfully flavorful. I read some negative reviews on here because of their flavorful food, which is a bit confusing, as I am assuming diners want their food to be flavorful. In any event, my wife and I started with a bowl of coconut milk soup. I can't even describe it, but wow did it pack a ton of flavor. There were a lot of ingredients in the soup, but the prevalent one was lemongrass. The lemon and coconut flavors were dominant, but not so dominant the other flavors were drowned out. It's really hard to describe. It was very different. It was good, but quite rich, and we took most of it home. Next came our main courses. Mine was a sweet and sour thai dish (sorry can't remember the name....we couldn't pronounce some of the items so ordered by number). Again, the most accurate word is flavorful. It had chicken, pineapple, and a lot of other ingredients. It was delicious. My wife had ....well....something with shrimp. Delicious and flavorful. The food was a unique and fun experience. The service was outstanding. The ambiance of the restaurant is wonderfully decorated and quite relaxing. The prices......maybe a little high, but not really....not when considering how much goes into making the dishes so tasty and unique.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank surfercharlie

Montana
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Have had good food here in the past, but this visit was pretty poor.

Ordered Pad Thai, which had a decent amount of meat, but no shrimp, no tofu, no lime, and few vegetables. Basically was meat and a glob of overcooked noodles. Totally lacking in flavor as well.

Had spring rolls also, of which the primary ingredient seemed to be shredded iceberg lettuce. Only a single small slice of cucumber, very few carrots, and almost no noodles. A few tiny flavorless shrimp inside as well.

For $22 not including drink and tip, this was a very low quality meal. I won't make this mistake again, as there are better choices in Billings for Thai food, and a much better value as well.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank HammerheadMontana
Cody, Wyoming, United States
“Amazing Thai Food”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is great place to eat. The food is really good, as is the prices and the service. There is always a little bit of a wait, but it is very worth it.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Tyler Y
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Delicious food. Great place for lunch!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch and our party of three split the shrimp pad thai and chicken pad ka pow. Their portion sizes for lunch were pretty big so the price is fair. Everything tasted great! Personally, I would not pay the high price for anything besides the lunch menu.

2 Thank heathcrx
Billings, MT
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This little place is a bit hard to find, and you don't expect good Thai food in the midst of Lowe's, Verizon and Mooyah, for heavens sake. But we had lunch there today and it was delicious! We were served a coconut soup that was a total hit with me, though I'd never had it before. I'm always afraid of too much heat in Thai food, so I ordered Pad Thai with shrimp, and loved it. Maybe next time I'll be more adventurous....and there will be a next time. Service was excellent, the food was beautifully presented on square plates with won ton chips on the side, and a good sauce to use if desired. It wasn't busy, so I hope they do well here. If they don't, it won't be the food.

• Visited October 2013