“A good room and RAte”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Booked in advance for a long days drive so there was no need to search ..just get off the freeway and check in. A well kept building with more than clean and tidy room. Great Pool and hot tub for a relax after a long days drive. The comfortable bed we look for and the caliber of breakfast promised.

Room Tip: Unaware of any reason to doge a room. We were 4th floor SW corner and had a great view of a pretty...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
michele_sanchez, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear FraserValleyBob,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, for the Hampton Inn Billings. We appreciate the feedback from our guests. I am glad we were able to fit your location needs and provide adequate accommodations/amenities for you and your family. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I was following my GPS directions to a nearby Residence Inn when I stumbled upon this Hampton, which is a Hilton brand that usually works well for me. My room turned out to be about $35 cheaper for a King studio suite so I cancelled my Marriott reservation and I was not disappointed. The hotel is located just off the freeway near a business park on the outskirts of the west side of town. It was nicely furnished and spacious and very quiet. The bed was just great! Unfortunately, the desk was too high to use comfortably with a laptop and the crummy desk chair didn't adjust high enough to compensate. This is not an uncommon problem. I ended up using the coffee table for my desk.

Maybe the occupancy rate wasn't very high for the night of my stay, but it was soooo nice and quiet! Some slight street noise during daylight hours dissipated later in the evening. I stayed on the top floor.

This hotel was a good value for me and I would recommend it for business or pleasure while visiting Billings.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Dear Southwest_traveller9,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are fortunate that you just so happened upon us, giving us a chance to serve you. I am glad you were able to get a restful nights sleep on our comfy Cloud 9 beds, and our quiet rooms. I definitely understand your frustration with the desk chair, and we are hoping to replace those in the next year. Again, thank you so much for your review, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 21 June 2012

This property is very clean. I know this is a strange way to begin a review, but I want folks to know this. I have to give the housekeeping staff a huge thumbs-up. The rest of the hotel staff are wonderful...front desk-great; breakfast staff-great; and again, housekeeping staff-great.

When I am in Billings again, would certainly stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Tuckmics,
Thank you for such a positive review! We understand the importance of a clean room and friendly faces. We want every guest to have the same peace of mind when staying here at the Hampton Inn Billings. Again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

Room was larger than normal and clean. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. It would have been nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in room. Breakfast was typical of a Hampton Inn. I would consider the staff the biggest plus to this hotel. They were excellant and handled our needs for a meeting room for our group. I would stay at this holel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Dtd107,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Hampton Inn Billings. We greatly appreciate the feedback. I am pleased you were satisfied with your stay, and that everything met your expectations, from the friendly staff, to the clean and comfy rooms. I am glad we were also able help make your meeting a success and be able to assist where needed. We look forward to seeing you the next time around!

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We were in Billings for a dance completion and wanted to stay at a hotel with a pool. We got to the hotel for the night and the kids started swimming. Even though they said the pool was open 24 hours they told us the pool was closed at 10 pm for kids. We were not told this when we checked in. After they kicked our kids out of the pool it was empty. This was unfair!

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Gigipick,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I apologize that our pool hours were not communicated clearly at check-in. I understand how this could cause confusion and frustration. Unfortunately, we do specify an adult swim time to allow a quiet time for adults. However, we open it at 6:00am to allow the kids to swim who may have missed it in the evening.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your review. I hope you would consider staying with us again in the future.

Michele Sanchez, General Manager

Reviewed 26 January 2012

We decided to stay at the Hampton Inn, when we arrived in Billings. Our first choice, the Best Western, happened to be sold out of the King beds so the Hampton was the closest and most convenient to where we needed to be in the morning for a business meeting.
The hotel prices were average, around $100/night for our midweek, January stay. The lobby was warm and inviting and during our stay the staff was very friendly. The room was clean and adequately furnished with contemporary style furniture. Our buffet style breakfast was a very nice surprise, there were cheese omelets and bacon that morning, along with the usual make-your-own waffles, fruit, cereal and pastry selections. We didn't avail ourselves of the pool but it seemed to be adequate for a traveling family.

The biggest disappointment was the location of our room. I laid awake listing to the trucks on the interstate from 1:30 in the morning until it was time for our wake-up call at 6:00 a.m. It was the worst hotel sleep I've ever had in my life in spite of the very comfortable bed, great pillows and my earplugs. The Interstate was 100 yards away. (you can check this on any mapping program).

Just a huge warning to anyone thinking of staying here. I would definitely book this hotel again; but only if I could stay on the north side of the building.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank WYO_Canuck
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The room was large and clean and the Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The exercise facility was lacking; just one treadmill, one elliptical and one bike, but that seems to be the case with most Hampton Inns. I travel a lot and the only minus for me was they did not have a microwave or refrigerator in the room. They did provide a microwave on request, but it had to sit on the coffee table which was a bit inconvenient. . In the evenings they had hot soup with crackers and fresh fruit which was a nice homey touch., and they do have an indoor pool.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business