“Great Hampton Inn”

Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Watrous, Canada
“Great Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This is a great Hampton Inn as most are :). Check in was great, the manager who checked us in explained everything, even where to park to be closest to the elevator. Chris, the evening person even called and checked to make sure we were settled in and that everything was good and personally brought us more pillows. Breakfast was great, even at 6:30 it was busy, ham/cheese scramble was good, server was great, a smile and a warm greeting in the am is worth tons . The best part of the trip(for the kids) is the nachos and chips served in the evening, and the warm cookies and milk at bedtime. This is also one of the few Hamptons that allow access to the water and juice cooler thru the day/night. A real plus with kids :)
The pool was a bit cool, and the shaking in the room that someone else mentioned, its from the elevator. We felt it this time and our room wasn't facing I90, last time the room was and we didn't feel a thing. Its not troublesome though, at least we felt that way. If its a problem for you, I guess you can always stay on the I90 side

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
michele_sanchez, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear Travelusa1113,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Hampton Inn Billings. We depend upon the feedback from our guests so we can be able to provide exceptional service… from check-in to breakfast in the morning. I am pleased to hear we have stepped it up since your last stay with us, and we are looking forward to being able to continue serving you in the future.
Michele Sanchez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sheridan, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Our family booked in advance for multiple rooms and our stay was amazing. The breakfast setup was so good, hot and fresh food, tables cleaned often and the staff making sure everything was perfect and every need met. Rooms were clean and kept up well

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheri F
Dear Cheri F,
Thank you for such a positive review! We understand the importance of providing a clean and friendly environment for our guests. We want every guest to have an amazing stay, just as you did, here at the Hampton Inn Billings. Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I've stayed in many Hampton Inns, and this one compares favorably.

The evening desk person (Chris) was efficient, helpful and for the most part very professional at check in. The hotel is conveniently located near the I-90 freeway. The room was clean.

The rates (around $125) were good value, but there were a couple issues: 1.) The room lacked a refrigerator (which I consider a basic item for a hotel/motel in this range), and 2.) I waited patiently at the check in desk while the staff booked a room for a telephone caller who called AFTER I arrived at the desk. I believe that staff should always serve a customer waiting at the desk before taking time out to make a reservation for a caller. I would have been very upset if the desk person gave away the last room to a caller while I stood there waiting!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NWbasecamp
Dear LSR115,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give the Hampton Inn Billings a review. We appreciate the feedback from our guests. I am pleased Kris was able to take care of your needs in providing friendly and professional service. I see we were unable to provide a fridge in your room at check-in, we usually have enough to cover requests for fridges and I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Also, I did speak with our desk and remind them of proper phone etiquette. Again, thank you for your feedback, I appreciate you bringing these details to my attention and I will be sure to commend Kris on a job well done.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Booked in advance for a long days drive so there was no need to search ..just get off the freeway and check in. A well kept building with more than clean and tidy room. Great Pool and hot tub for a relax after a long days drive. The comfortable bed we look for and the caliber of breakfast promised.

Room Tip: Unaware of any reason to doge a room. We were 4th floor SW corner and had a great view of a pretty...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
michele_sanchez, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear FraserValleyBob,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, for the Hampton Inn Billings. We appreciate the feedback from our guests. I am glad we were able to fit your location needs and provide adequate accommodations/amenities for you and your family. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Concord, California
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I was following my GPS directions to a nearby Residence Inn when I stumbled upon this Hampton, which is a Hilton brand that usually works well for me. My room turned out to be about $35 cheaper for a King studio suite so I cancelled my Marriott reservation and I was not disappointed. The hotel is located just off the freeway near a business park on the outskirts of the west side of town. It was nicely furnished and spacious and very quiet. The bed was just great! Unfortunately, the desk was too high to use comfortably with a laptop and the crummy desk chair didn't adjust high enough to compensate. This is not an uncommon problem. I ended up using the coffee table for my desk.

Maybe the occupancy rate wasn't very high for the night of my stay, but it was soooo nice and quiet! Some slight street noise during daylight hours dissipated later in the evening. I stayed on the top floor.

This hotel was a good value for me and I would recommend it for business or pleasure while visiting Billings.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Dear Southwest_traveller9,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are fortunate that you just so happened upon us, giving us a chance to serve you. I am glad you were able to get a restful nights sleep on our comfy Cloud 9 beds, and our quiet rooms. I definitely understand your frustration with the desk chair, and we are hoping to replace those in the next year. Again, thank you so much for your review, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This property is very clean. I know this is a strange way to begin a review, but I want folks to know this. I have to give the housekeeping staff a huge thumbs-up. The rest of the hotel staff are wonderful...front desk-great; breakfast staff-great; and again, housekeeping staff-great.

When I am in Billings again, would certainly stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Tuckmics,
Thank you for such a positive review! We understand the importance of a clean room and friendly faces. We want every guest to have the same peace of mind when staying here at the Hampton Inn Billings. Again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Room was larger than normal and clean. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. It would have been nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in room. Breakfast was typical of a Hampton Inn. I would consider the staff the biggest plus to this hotel. They were excellant and handled our needs for a meeting room for our group. I would stay at this holel again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Dtd107,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Hampton Inn Billings. We greatly appreciate the feedback. I am pleased you were satisfied with your stay, and that everything met your expectations, from the friendly staff, to the clean and comfy rooms. I am glad we were also able help make your meeting a success and be able to assist where needed. We look forward to seeing you the next time around!