“Don't waste your accommodation budget” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings

Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Canada
“Don't waste your accommodation budget”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at dozens of Hampton inns across the us and I can confidently state that this place is the bottom if the barrel. More like a motel 2 than a Hilton associated property. First off the hotel front end lobby etc is undergoing renos hence no direct access from the front. This I understand! Walking into check in I find a table in the corridor with two young staff who would clearly rather be somewhere else. I finally checked in and away to the room I go. Room was small, bed was ok, pillows were of motel 2 quality. Or perhaps a shelter! Pathetic for a HI. Being late being tired and having mr and mrs I don't give a hoot working the front desk......er..... Side table..... We were tired and simply accepted them. Morning comes and we race down looking forward to the HI famous breakfast! I have never been more Diassapointed. The temporary breakfast room was very much lacking. The waffle mix refused to come out of the container thus we found some kind of scoop shovel to fill the little cups. Got that done with a major mess and we moved on. The entree was something to behold.... Some kind of scrambled egg, pepper , onion concoction that few people touched. For a topper at 9:59 and 45 seconds (the breakfast shuts down at 10) two staff flew in like rambo and arnold and had the 'breakfast taken away by 10:02. Efficiency? Getting the leftovers for the next day? Saving guests from the egg concoction ? Your guess is as good as mine. Regardless if u came in at 10. U left hungry. No customer service in this case. Lastly I paid the regular aaa rate on this room and felt like I was fleeced! This is a 49:99 a night hotel. Shame on the hilton company for having such a mongrel amongst its many many fine properties. Hampton inn billings. South gate. Dont do it. I won't ever again.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DJRCanada
michele_sanchez, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. Our renovations are scheduled to be completed by the end of April and that should put everything back to normal. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

Only stayed one night but room was spacious and very quiet. Bed was very comfortable. Loved the vanity in the bathroom and the shower was nice and high - even us tall folks can stand under the showerhead and not hit our heads! Water pressure was great - no problem getting wet. Loved the breakfast selection and presentation of the breakfast area was excellent. Staff was also great! Nice job Hampton Inn!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Buffalo, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

We've stayed here lots of times...It is a really nice place. The beds are extremely comfortable and the breakfast is always good. I do feel however that it is a little overpriced. The staff has always been helpful and we would not hesitate to stay here again and again. We have recently joined the Honors program to help with discounts in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Liberty, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

Staff always very helpful in this hotel. I telephoned the hotel on my arrival at the airport to call the hotel shuttle bus which she sad would be with me in about 15 -20 mins. About 15 mins later a taxi turned up for me as the shuttle bus had not long left the airport and my wait would have been nearer 40 mins. That is service and initiative for you.

The only down side to this hotel is if you do not have a car the options for eating are extemely limited within walking distance.

I would and will stay here again

Room Tip: I always select a high room away from elevators!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Casper, Wyoming, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

The room was clean and felt new with plenty of space for me. Bed was comfortable. Internet wireless worked fine with good connection speed. Front desk was polite and efficient. Popcorn machine in lobby was a nice touch. Breakfast selections could have been more varied but what they had was done well. Very good coffee. I did not use the pool or fitness center but my co-worker did and he said they were fine.
Only drawback I found was the lack of dining within walking distance. One mexican place, a sports bar next door, and MacDonald's. This would be fine for a few nights but for longer stays I would prefer to stay downtown. I usually drive a company truck to Billings which I am encouraged not to operate on personnal time.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

great staff very helpful, clean and consistent with other Hamptons. Near the highway so select room carefully if you are a light sleeper. Lots of dining choices within 1mile (olive garden etc) . Easy on off and plenty of parking

Room Tip: away from i-90
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

I had a good experience with my stay. The room was clean and nice. The staff were frindly and helpful. The breakfast was good as well. This is a good hotel for business travelers. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business